“Wonderful Stay, Would Surely Come Again”

Ranked #45 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Wilton, Connecticut
“Wonderful Stay, Would Surely Come Again”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I truly wish I could have stayed here for the entire weekend - the staff, the decor and the surroundings were all beautiful. I loved walking around in my robe from my treatments to the relaxation room, out by the pool for a little sunshine and then to the patio for lunch. Speaking of lunch, it was so light and delicious (and completed by a sorbet dessert by the pool - heavenly). It was a very relaxing stay!

The only reason I did not rank my experience five stars is because I felt my maternity massage was a little bit lacking. The room had the look of a bathroom with cold tile everywhere (far from setting a relaxing ambiance) - I think this must be the room where they typically provide the water massages and I was surprised at how different it was from all of the other beautiful and relaxing spots in the spa. Also, the best side prenatal massage I ever received elsewhere was when I was enveloped by a full down body pillow - this wasn't provided here and it wasn't as comfortable just laying on my side with a pillow between my legs. The facial, however, took place in a nicer room (I got the lavender treatment, which was wonderfully relaxing).

I'd recommend this place to anyone in the Austin area, for sure! Just wish there was a little more detail given to the maternity massage.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Blueslady442
lakeaustinspa, General Manager at Lake Austin Spa Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Dear Blueslady442,

So happy to hear that you loved spending time at the spa, and in your robe enjoying the sunshine, the pool and sorbet. We can't think of a better way to spend a day.

We appreciate the feedback on the maternity massage and will review this with our team to ensure a great experience for Moms to Be. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Best of luck with your new bundle.

Lake Austin Spa Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This place is off the beaten path, we drove past it twice. Very unassuming, underwhelming gate. But when we got in, wow!!! The staff are super friendly and knowledgable, the grounds are spectacular, we did a day spa, but staying there would be visiting heaven on earth. The treatments come in a wide variety, if you are unsure ask the staff, they will get the right treatment for you. Well worth the visit, well worth the price. Don't forget to pack a swimsuit, they have many swimming options

• Stayed March 2014
lakeaustinspa, Manager at Lake Austin Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Good morning:
We are delighted you came to visit us for a spa day and hope you enjoyed your treatments and the amenities. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to host you again soon.
Robin Jones
LakeHouse Spa Director
Park Ridge, Il
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Just returned from my second visit to Lake Austin Resort in the past four years. Still relaxed and renewed from the experience! This special place is exceptional for its tranquil surroundings, world class service - always warm and ready to meet any need you may have. They offer delicious, freshly prepared food (gluten free if you desire!), and activitiy options to stimulate your mind, body and spirit. No detail is too small for them to make you as comfortable and pampered as possible. The newly renovated lake view rooms are gorgeous! This is the place to go if you seek a serenity break.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tucsongrace
Good morning:
We are delighted you made it for another visit. We love the term "serenity break" and hope that you were able to achieve this during your stay. Hopefully we will see you again very soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I could not have been more impressed with Lake Austin Spa. I stayed 3 nights & it was not long enough!!! I had the texas starry night massage which was soooo relaxing to do right before bed. I also had an amazing facial. The food- wow! So fresh, healthy, and delicious! If you're feeling deprived of carbs, you can always ask for bread & it's deliciously home made. The rooms- every possible detail is flawless! I want my future home decorated after every interior at the spa. I highly recommend the cooking classes, too! They are so well organized and a lot of fun! The best thing about lake Austin is that you can do as much or as little as you'd like! Go relax in a hammock or go take an intense yoga class! Overall, I haven't gone a day since without thinking of my wonderful experience!! Couldn't recommend this place more!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Marilyn42999
Dear Marilyn,
The Texas Starry Night is one of my favorites as well! And we love the idea of having a home decorated in similar ways as the resort. We are glad you enjoyed your trip and hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Have been to Lake Austin Spa Resort twice in the last 12 months and several times before. It is my perfect place to relax, rejuvenate, find a state of peacefulness, learn something new, or just do nothing. The facility is lovely, food fabulous, and spa services world class. Favorite is the 90 minute Texas Starry Night. Genuine and authentic great service from all the staff, front desk, restaurants, spa, housekeeping, instructors and management. Love that it's perfectly acceptable to have a gourmet meal in your bath robe! Looking forward to next time!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank EBTRAVELER0421
LakeAustinSpaResort, General Manager at Lake Austin Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have shared your kind words with the staff and it made us all smile. We love the phrase "find a state of peacefulness", it's something we strive to do each visit. We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Buda, Texas
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was unable to be there the half hour pre treatment check in. However I was on time for the treatment schedule. My husband purchased a spa package for me. I called and asked if he could get a refund because I feel very uncomfortable with massages. I was told "no", use it or lose it. So I made an appointment for a body scrub, facial, luncheon, manicure and paraffin.
No one told me I missed the tour of spa, so now I had to find my own way around. Even know they were aware of this no one went out of their way to assist me. So I floundered my way through, feeling like a number instead of a guest.
I asked if the manicure could be moved up so I would not have to wait sitting an hour and a half until the tech was scheduled and they told me that could not be accommodated "sorry".
I was not offered or given the spa gift that was included in the spa package the my husband bought, not even a receipt or a "what can we do to accommodate you?"

The Spa café food was poor quality and no more than a few ounces. The waitress never even offered me a beverage. Chic-fil-A would have been elegant.

The spa was dated and the treatment rooms were drab and sterile. Everything looked cheap, and the staff service was just as cheap.

The spa espouses it's rich quality and service. Apparently the owners/managers have never experienced what high end quality it all about.

The experience was very bad and low class. I give it 1/2 star.

Room Tip: Go see the spa in person before you book an appointment and waste your money.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
10 Thank Susan O
lakeaustinspa, General Manager at Lake Austin Spa Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear Susan,

We were in touch with you prior to your visit to try and make this experience as comfortable for you as possible. We apologize that this did not happen. We wish for all of our guests to feel cared for and relaxed and it is our hope that you can find a place that can give you the attention you desire.

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is an amazing overall health and wellness experience at LAS, I look forward to this every year. We have a group of 6 women who come every winter--kind of like the plan, "Same time next year." We have been doing this for nearly 20 years at LAS and will keep doing it. For me, with heart disease, it keeps me in touch with the latest and best information about diet, exercise, and overall health and wellness. The exercise classes get me jump-started each year and I love the outdoor hikes. I pace myself and love the experience away from the cold northern winter. Spa services are treats to get centered and take care of me, tough to do when busy working all the time. Not something I ever want to miss--and something I highly recommend. Bring a friend, start a group, and just DO IT!

Room Tip: all are fine
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Marilyn,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We love your group's visits and look forward to hosting you all each year. We love to research the latest trends so we can share them with you! Hope to see you back soon!
Warmest regards,
Lake Austin Spa Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
West Campus
Hotel Ella
Hotel Ella
#40 of 202 in Austin

Been to Lake Austin Spa Resort? Share your experiences!