“A special get away”

Ranked #44 of 203 Hotels in Austin
League City
“A special get away”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Lake Austin Spa is the perfect place to relax, have a spa treatment and enjoy great meals. This all inclusive resort offers many places to mingle with other guests or to just have quiet time. There are lots of classes for fitness, cooking, etc. but be sure and take time to just enjoy this peaceful place! We will definitely return for another girls trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
LakeAustinSpaResort, General Manager at Lake Austin Spa Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We were delighted to host you and that you enjoyed the aspects of your stay.

We hope to see you and your friends here again very soon.

Tracy York

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Refugio, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This spa was amazing and the food was wonderful. My first time visiting with my sister and we will definitely be returning. The place was just beautiful and the people were awesome. We took a morning stroll around the gardens, breakfast outside by the lake, swimming in the barn, an amazing massage, and a wonderful dinner to end the perfect day. Everyday should be this relaxing. After 4 days we didn't want to return home. Already making plans for next time.

Room Tip: We had a room across from the check-in and dining area. Very convenient to run across for morning co...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pat B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I am delighted that you and your sister had a wonderful visit and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and you have as an enjoyable stay as the last.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Tracy York
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have had many trips to Lake Austin and the level of service and quality has been consistent throughout the years. From the moment you are welcomed, to the day you depart, you feel that it is the staff's #1 priority to make you feel special. The grounds are incredibly beautiful, the rooms focus on comfort, the food is healthy and delicious! The decor is classic and comfortable - like a friend with great taste who decorated a gorgeous lake house. I love the classes and activities and the spa treatments are yummy!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Queens
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I spent the weekend with my mother and had an amazing experience. The view of the lake was absolutely beautiful, especially while dining on the dock. And the staff, I can't say enough about them. They exceeded my expectations in more ways than one -- the service was just exceptional. They go above and beyond to accommodate their guests and that's why so many of them return throughout the year. They offer a variety of activities including cooking demos, fitness classes, spa services, music, boat cruises, etc. It is certainly a trip worth taking that would leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.

Room Tip: Rooms beyond number 27 directly overlook Lake Austin.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank LivesInSneakers
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I just completed my second visit to Lake Austin Spa Resort and remain impressed with the quality of the staff, programs and facilities. I find the setting beautiful and unpretentious and the staff is a cut above in both knowledge and friendliness. It is a great opportunity to focus on health and fitness through a variety of programs and relax and be pampered at a first class spa. You leave rejuvenated and looking forward to returning!

Room Tip: We loved sitting on the patio in front of one of the rooms that face the garden and Lake Austin. Wi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FJP-TEX
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Never been to a spa before. Had researched the best of the best and decided if I ever went to a spa for a stay it would be on the West coast. My sister-in-law had been asking me for some time away together. This year has been hectic and my husband and I had already been on several lengthy trips. So an epiphany! Close to home was this well reviewed Lake Austin Spa. Also the friends I knew who had been there always recommended it. Since we have a weekend home on Lake Travis I probably would never have chosen it under normal circumstances. But I am so happy circumstances pushed me to this resort. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had. It is an amazing value for the money. I cannot say enough about the excellence of the fitness classes I took or the spa appointments. I feel it exceeded my expectations. The atmosphere so serene you couldn't help but feel relaxed and renewed. Best of all were the uber-friendly staff both at the resort, spa and dining rooms. Not put-on friendly. Genuinely friendly as in they really wanted to make my experience the best ever. They did. Two days was not enough. I will be back.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Yumsmum
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Enjoyed mother/daughter weekend in August - will definitely plan to return at the same time of year. Beautiful resort, great amenities, spa treatments, lake view rooms, gourmet food, music, culinary classes, activities. Perfect getaway - left inspired for healthy, active living.

Room Tip: Lake view is a plus - lovely outdoor patios for lounging.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank seje1000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
West Campus
Hotel Ella
Hotel Ella
#40 of 203 in Austin

Been to Lake Austin Spa Resort? Share your experiences!