“Ultimate Texas Spa Getaway”

Lake Austin Spa Resort
Ranked #59 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Another fabuluous return trip to lake Austin. LASR has a new French chef who loves his new Texas home, so expct some new dishes if you are a return visitor. Otherwise, indulge in lavender-scented loveliness and personal pampering. The location, the rooms, the friendly & helpful hotel staff, the highly competent spa staff, the exercise, the wonderful healthy food - what's not to love about LASR? Nothing - it's fabulous!

1  Thank LucyLu_Texas

Reviewed May 14, 2012

A friend of mine and I just returned from a brief stay, and my only complaint is that it wasn't long enough. The weather was rainy, too, which prevented us from enjoying the pool and lake activities, but our stay was enjoyable anyway. You can't control Mother Nature. The staff was friendly and professional, the facilities were very nice, my room(premier garden) was comfortable and the amenities were plentiful. The grounds and gardens were gorgeous and there were lots of peaceful places for relaxation and reflection. Enjoying the outdoors despite the rain was wonderful and I didn't even turn on my TV while I was there. I was able to enjoy several spa treatments while there and loved them all. My favorite was the Pear and Fig Body Treatment. The food was fabulous, healthy and portion-controlled, and you can even drink wine and beer there. My friend and I sat on our porch enjoying the cool evening, drinking wine and "just chillin". Such a treat in this crazy world these days. In my opinion this is a perfect spa retreat for relaxation and nurturing....a great get-away for an individual, couples, mother-daughters, or group of friends. I will definitely go back, and can't wait.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chaille H
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My friends and I just returned from Lake Austin Spa. There is no way to give enough compliments to the staff! They did everything and anything they could think of to make sure our stay was comfortable and stress free. The spa had amazing services and therapists.

The room was quite comfortable. Two great beds. No room for any cots so a third person would definitely need other accommodations. There is a refrigerator as well as a safe in the room.

Although there are other spas (such as Mirival) that offer a larger variety of "free time" activities, I have never been to a more environmentally relaxing environment. Just looking out at the river from the porch of our room was stress reducing! The gardens on the property are beautiful.

The food (though served in calorie conscious portions) were simply delicious! I am a picky eater but there was always something for me to enjoy. However, if you have any dietary restrictions (such as needing sugar free desserts) you should call ahead of time to allow them time to plan. Glutton free does not seem to be a problem.

This was my second trip to this spa (which is definitely NOT a local spa for me). It was worth the travel (2 planes! (or, on this trip...3 planes due to missed connections and rerouting)) !
It is not directly in the city of Austin, so plan on a drive of about an hour into gorgeous hill country. The spa is also able to connect you with pay-per-trip transportation. There is no free way to travel from the airport to the spa. (Again, car rental was worth it.)

Hopefully you will be inspired to treat yourself to a lovely, relaxing spa vacation.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Granddog
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was invited to Lake Austin Spa Resort by a good friend. Before this trip, I had not stayed at a spa resort and honestly didn't really know what to expect. From the time we walked through the beautiful garden (vegetables/herbs/flowers galore) into the wonderfully decorated lobby and common room, I felt at home - it is such a comfortable place. The food - morning, lunch and dinner was just amazing. Something like 75% of what they serve is grown right there at the spa - in the mornings you will see Chef Stephane in the garden harvesting for the days wonderful delights.) the activities were fun and plentiful, the entire staff warm and friendly. The experience well exceeded my expectations. I left looking forward to coming back.

Room Tip: If you like to sit out on your porch, you will want to make sure you request a room with a porch the...
3  Thank SheilaThomas
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I did wonder why people spend days at a spa and now I know. From the time I arrived with my best friend for a much needed long weekend, we felt welcomed. The atmosphere felted pampered and relaxed. Everyone on the staff was kind and attentive, from Brent who greeted us, Kristi who was our server almost every evening, and to the instructors! Sharon who taught Yoga Flow went beyond kind when I made a request for a list of music she used during class. Chef Stephan was very entertaining, and his own story of pursuing your dream was inspiring! The spa is gorgeous with every amenity thoughtfully provided. Tanner and the Pear Fig body treatment was my favorite! I especially enjoyed the myriad of common spaces where I enjoyed the outdoors yet still felt as if I had the place all to myself. The food was delicious and I loved knowing it was healthful as well. I've been to day spas from Monterey to DC, Paris to Tokyo. Lake Austin's Resort and Spa well deserves the accolades it has received. I look forward to going back, hopefully later this year!

Room Tip: We had room 17 which I think as perfect! Close to the main area and classes
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I was a huge fan of Lake Austin spa, going at least 2x a year for the past 5 years. My past 4 or 5 experiences have not been worth the $$ spent...when I spoke the manager about it she seemed compassionate although didn't seem to be anxious to make any changes and have been back once more with no changes made. I have since been to Travaasa hotel and Spa in Austin (not far from lake austin spa) - they have a beautiful campus as well, very tranquil waiting area and excellent treatment options.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Jackie0040
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have been to this spa about five times in the past. It is small which means service is beyond fantastic. You are treated so special, like they have been waiting for you to walk through their door. The food is wonderful. The spa treatments are relaxing. You are planning your next visit before you even leave. It is a top rated spa in the country and every time I have been, I have met the most wonderful people from all over the world. You are not just one in a crowd there. You are a special guest and treated as such.

Room Tip: All the room are high quality and you won't have a single thing to complain about
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Archer Hotel Austin
#2 of 202 in Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
#8 of 202 in Austin
W Austin
#19 of 202 in Austin
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park

Been to Lake Austin Spa Resort? Share your experiences!