“Our overall experience was average, the first day we stayed...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Austin South

Days Inn Austin South
Ranked #163 of 198 Hotels in Austin
Chowchilla
“Our overall experience was average, the first day we stayed...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Our overall experience was average, the first day we stayed we were given a smoking room w/a horrible TV. The other two nights we were given a better room but the room next to us was having a party and were very loud which made our stay unpleasant. For the price I would recommend the hotel the location to downtown was easy to access. I would check the room before staying

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Ana V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
BROWNWOOD, TEXAS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at the hotel hell May 18 - 21, 2013, One it was over priced, two it is SOOOO run down its not even funny, and three the desk clerk thinks she knows everything yet knows nothing. I woke up after the first night with about 50 bites on my leg, about 6 on might right shoulder, a couple on my elbow and several in the crock of my left arm. My body reacts viciously to these bites, they don't get blisters on them right away but they swell up and itch. I showed them to her and she said they were not bed bug bites, she had seen bed bug bites before I was not. She said she called ECOLAB and there were not bed bugs in the room. I finally got moved and had no more problems but the HAG still said there were not bed bugs in the room, i had to have gotten them somewhere else. DO NOT STAY AT THE HOTEL HELL.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank OUTTHERETOO

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Winters, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were traveling to Houston on a Friday night and made it to Austin before getting too tired to continue. We saw the Days Inn and decided to stop for the night. It was late but they had a room, lucky us. The rate was $125.00 for a room with two beds, for three adults. We entered the room, yuck. The bathroom was painted by a three year old, paint just splashed on the walls, moulding was missing, a cigarette burn on the toilet seat. A towel, left by previous guests was hung on the rear of the door. The air conditioner, while off, made knocking noises every few minutes. We finally turned it on just to stop the racket. Beds were poorly made, and carpets were in sad shape. I have stayed in a worse place only once, in the middle of the desert at a motel/r.v. park!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ronbwolf
San Marcos, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Helpful, friendly staff, clean room, great value. I reserved a smoking room. My room was ready when I arrived. When I walked in the room not only looked clean, it also smelled clean. I have rarely walked into a smoking room that did not smell a little like stale smoke. This room was clean. The manager at the front desk was friendly and helpful. She even remembered me from a previous stay months ago and referenced a joke we had shared at the time. Housekeeping was also friendly and helpful when I needed something. This room was an excellent value. Clean and very comfortable, it was spacious and well arranged. This motel is excellent for both business and pleasure stays.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The woman at front desk was rude, when i ask her for a clean coffee pot,at around 2 pm like i was bothering her, then after ck in at 2. we left and returned at 9:30 pm . When we turn the beds down it was so discussing, i wanted to call the health dept then, one bed was stacked on phone books, really i have contacted customer care to get this right, It is a health hazard ,stand up light no work, nasty stains and yellow pillow(stain) cases. For the price the charged this is un excepetable. I have contacted corporate , to see if this Mr, patel is going to address these issues;I am sure a homeless person has a cleaner place than this. i will post a follow up. for now stay away from this nasty place and the rude front desk girl and faulty leading me and my family with the untruth. I hope they go to 202 and ck it. and my daughter in law deserves a full refund not part like joan told me the night before no charges would be made and we leave in the morning but that story changed when my daughter in law arrived.. after her mom and i had to put sheets on the chairs to rest, new ones and they were out of towels and sheets/ really .When went back in this morning she must had been talking to someone., and She disrespected me in front of my new daughter in law.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family