“Okay Motel & Room...Service not so okay” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #161 of 193 Hotels in Austin
A TripAdvisor Member
“Okay Motel & Room...Service not so okay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Rooms were average, clean. Beds comfortable. Location was easy to access. I would have given a 3-star rating were it not for the discourteous first impression from the motel manager. I had to phone Days Inn corporate office to receive the rate I was quoted when I made the phone reservation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

And because we stayed on a Friday the price was $103.00. The carpet is tattered & stained. The bed linens yellowed. The staff uncaring. The location difficult to find. Day's Inn really let us down this time. Shame on them for charging the prices they do.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank trawlerdoxie

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We were supposed to stay three nights but only stayed one. Fortunately, the La Quinta next door had a room available for the remainder of our stay, and the AARP rate at both hotels were just a few dollars apart. The Days Inn is in terrible shape. No place to hang clothes in our room, strange smell, black around the shower faucets, hair in the shower drain, dirty window, AC hardly kept the room cool. It is obvious the owner has put little into the upkeep, nor does he care about the guests. The La Quinta was terrific, and so glad we switched. No way would I recommend the Days Inn Austin South to anyone. I hope Days Inn corporate makes a visit--it gives the whole chain a bad name. I certainly won't stay at a Days Inn until I know the company raises its standards for franchises.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Teris1958
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

Horrible. No ice machine, no vending machines, air didn't work properly, room stifling hot all night. Keys didn't work in door, etc..... Very old and run down. Save your money and go somewhere else. There are too many "customer oriented" hotels in Austin to waste money on this one. "4220 South IH-35,78745 US " Days Inn in Austin, TX, off exit 231.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank mjschad
Waco, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

We went to Austin on a busy weekend and none of our favorite hotels were available, so we stayed here as a last resort. It was old and cheap, with stained furniture and carpet. The electric plug was coming out of the wall at the sink, as was the faucet in the shower. I have to stay in a lot of cheaper hotels with my work, because I go to a lot of small towns, and this wasn't the worse hotel I have stayed at, but it is the worse Days Inn I have stayed at. I paid $90 plus tax. Not worth the money at all.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank edra45
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

Pro:
Cleaness of room is fine in my standard, especially the bathroom. Air conditioning works (see my standard for a motel? :p). There are a couple of restaurants nearby: IHOP, Furr's, Burger King, etc and it's convenient if you just want rest from highway and don't plan to visit downtown area.

Con:
It's near the highway so at night it might be a little bit noisy. My room's door is shabby. There are some suspicious guys walking around is the parking area at night. Wireless Internet is not stable. Coffee maker is quite dirty. Also they put lots of cheap air freshener which makes me doubt the actuall cleaness from what I can see.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Days Inn South Austin for 8 nights. The location was handy with IHOP next door to the north and Furrs to the south. We had no problems with the internet or TV reception, the bed was comfortable, the room and bathroom clean. We had a spacious room, with a table and chairs, love seat sofa bed, and a good sized TV.A decent continental breakfast in the mornings and housekeeping was offered daily. The maintenance and housekeeping crew were quite pleasant, as were the office staff. We travel all the time and cannot afford the plush rooms offered at other motels/hotels. Days Inn are usually within our budget. We definitely got our money's worth and would return.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple