New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #100 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Wylie, Texas
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were not allowed to check in early, when we did check in the room had a smell to it, turned on the heater and the room filled up with the nasty smell from the heater as it may have never been cleaned, carpet looked old, chalk around the tub was dirty. The hotel staff was real polite and professional.The location is excellent, right off of I-35 (easy in and easy out). We traveled with 13 other families and some of there rooms were not ready for check-in at 7:00pm at night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was preparing last-minute to attend an event in Austin. Really wanted to take my dogs. No availability in the city's center so I expanded my search a bit southward, and so glad I did! This hotel is spotless. There were lots of pets in residence but it smelled clean and fresh and the room was just perfect for our needs. I felt safe walking my dogs at night and in the morning before sun-up. Staff was friendly, helpful, and welcoming. Location was convenient to the Austin event I attended, so no regrets! Just perfect!! Great place and will stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CherylWH
Rio Grande City, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Had a great stay, hotel staff was real polite and professional. Place was really clean and peaceful. Overall had a wonderful time with my family. It's location is centralized to almost everything. Hotel could maybe use a little more breakfast items such as scrambled eggs but overall breakfast was great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Round Rock, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This location is my preferred destination in Austin Texas area. The staff is always 1st rate! The rooms are always very clean! The pillow top beds are extremely comfortable, so much so you may never wanna get out of bed~~ :-) The location is excellent, right off of I-35 (easy in and easy out) Last thing, The management is superb. Christi is always on top of her game. I look forward to staying here again and again ~~

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

First, let me say that I have stayed at this LaQuinta several times and that is why I came back to this hotel as there were other hotels closer to where I was going. Since I was booking a room here I called several days in advance to request a room on the 1st floor close to the north exit door because I was bringing my dog and this is very convenient for taking him outside to do his business. We were given a room on the first floor but it smelled so horrible it started aggravating my sinuses and allergies. After 45 minutes I had to go to the front desk and ask for help. Elizabeth was the Desk Clerk and she came down immediately with some air freshener and the vacuum but when she entered the room she knew that there was another problem. Evidently the room next door had a water leak and it must have affected our room next door as it had the damp, musty moldy smell, too. Elizabeth was kind enough to offer us another room but instead of 2 beds, which we requested, we had to take a King with couch as there were no other double bed rooms available. This room was nice and at least it did not stink but the a/c did not work very well, the blow dryer did not work at all, and there was no coffee pot with the coffee maker! And it was on the 4th floor, so not convenient with a pet, and smoking is allowed on opposite side of floor. I will have to re-think staying here again or at least reserve two rooms with right to cancel if first room in not satisfactory.

Room Tip: Elevator is VERY SLOW. Fourth floor on south side is for smokers so be aware of that. Avoid Rm 125...