“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #116 of 203 Hotels in Austin
A TripAdvisor Member
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at La Quinta. The breakfast was very, very nice. I wish the pool and deck was cleaner, that would be my only criticism. The room was large and clean. The staff whether it was the staff behind the desk or the person working the breakfast, or the manager, were all extremely nice and welcoming. This hotel is located in a business park, so don't expect to walk to restaurants or shops, but it was nice and quiet!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Draper, UT
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The rooms are pretty nice, not too small. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The hotel could use a little improvement, though. One thing I would change is the way they prepare the shower curtains in the rooms once they are cleaned - by bunching up the wet bottom like they do it promotes the growth of mold, and yes, our curtain had mold spots on the bottom of it from this very thing. They also were out of tissue paper, which I found surprising. The included breakfast is not up to par with the competition, either, as the only warm food offered were the waffles and toast. The beds were okay but a little soft, and they also use that silly thermostat with the sensor on it and it just doesn't manage the room tempoeratures effectively at all. It's either off and not coming on soon enough, or it comes on and blasts at full throttle until it shuts off. I'd stay elsewhere if I had the choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is my usual hotel when visiting Austin. The location is great. Many restaurants and shopping nearby. This time I had the exact same room as my last stay. I arrived after 6pm, requested a room upgrade and the front desk was very accommodating. My room was not cleaned yet. But since it was not the original room I was assigned I agreed to go to dinner while the room was cleaned.The management was very apologetic and handled the situation extremely well. The room was very large with sofa, king bed, flat screen tv, large vanity area,microwave and fridge. The front desk employees were extremely courteous and helpful my entire stay. Kudos to Korey and Thomas for their excellent customer service. The hotel was full of teenagers in town for a sporting competition which made for more noise than I usually encounter at this location and a very crowded breakfast area. The cleaning crew could step it up a notch. Returned on the second evening I had to locate the maid get my room cleaned.Hotel appears to be maintained very well and did not experience any maintenance issues. I always get good rates and I really like the location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were happy from check-in thru check-out. The room was very clean and comfortable.
This was a great PET FRIENDLY stay. Just far enough from I 35 to be quiet place to sleep.
I have been to much nicer high end properties; pets were not welcome,
they were not as good a value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Round Rock - Austin N
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South
Quality Inn & Suites - Round Rock
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin North (Pflugerville)
Sleep Inn & Suites N Austin
Residence Inn Austin Round Rock

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Round Rock South? Share your experiences!