“Awful Experience”

Ranked #100 of 200 Hotels in Austin
A TripAdvisor Member
“Awful Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

As an active family that travels every weekend for sports - we chose to become La Quinta rewards members last year. So we only stay at LQ's now
BUT I will NEVER stay at this location again!!
The service was miserable. They didnt have my reservation or keys ready when I arrived and it took nearly 30 mins for her to find my reservation and get it processed and keys ready. As a Gold rewards member every other location I have stayed at always has my "speedy checkin" ready which is a great added bonus.
Here the clerk seemed clueless and as I waitied I had lots of time to look around the lobby. Upon entering it looks really nice - more details in the decorations and better lounging areas in the lobby then some locations but the compliments stop there. Theres a sign near the elevator that says "sorry for the mess we are remodeling" but the counters etc look like they havent been cleaned in months. Really dusty and dingy.
Then I get to my room -- and its not what it is supposed to be. It has 2 beds but no microwave or fridge as requested. So i return to the lobby to the unhelpful, clueless cashier anfd she doesnt seem to understand what Im trying to explain to her so she gets her manager on duty. I explain to her and it too takes her a minute to understand but finally she clues in. She said she doesnt understand how this mistake happened but she can sent someone up to the room to check it out if I would like. AS IF I DONT know what @ beds, a microwave and a fridge look like???? REALLY?? Then she advises me that they are sold out and there are no other rooms for her to give me and she doesnt know what I expect her to do about it. At this point im getting irritated so I bring to her attention the hole in the ceiling above the bed as well. Big hole right over one of the beds. All night we layed there waiting for something to drop down on our heads out of the hole in the ceiling. Eventually I give up and call it a night - at this point all I would like them to do is refund the $ difference between the room I got and the room I paid for but they cant even figure out how to do that. AWFUL!! AWFUL experience anfd I have the photos of the room and the hole to prove it. I will never stay at this location again and WARN everyone else to be careful!!!!!!!! Almost makes me want to avoid La Quinta altogether -- but you cant ban all establishments just because of one awful location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Spent 2 nights at this location. I had previously stayed but it had been 4 years and I was not sure how it had fared over the years. I was pleasantly surprised. I requested an upgrade due to my Elite status and the clerk graciously upgraded me. Our king room was very large and included micro/fridge. The bed did not take up the entire room, as sometimes happens with smaller rooms. There was enough room to add another bed. Housekeeping had done an excellent job and the hotel was very quiet. It appeared to be a busy weekend, but we did not experience and loud noise or other unpleasantness. The location is north of Austin but a good choice if you do not want to be in the middle of the Austin traffic. I did get an excellent AAA rate, which is what concerned me initially. I will book this location on my next visit to Austin.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We have stayed at this LaQuinta multiple times and it has always had friendly helpful service. The rooms have always been clean. The rooms have new flat panel TVs. The free breakfast is more than adequate. Our only concern this trip was that the shower curtain was too short and didn't reach the top of the tub, which let water flow outside the tub when taking a shower making for a very wet floor.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Round Rock - Austin N
Sleep Inn & Suites Round Rock
Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock
Comfort Suites North
Comfort Suites North
#1 of 3 in Pflugerville
Residence Inn Austin Round Rock

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Round Rock South? Share your experiences!