“TOP-NOTCH STAFF & ACCOMODATIONS”

Candlewood Suites - Austin South
Ranked #116 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“TOP-NOTCH STAFF & ACCOMODATIONS”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My profession requires me to stay in all levels of hotels, in all areas of the country...This, by far, must be put on my "TOP THREE STAYS OF ALL TIME". Without going into great detail, the staff, specifically Ms. Mandy (late night desk) got me checked with the professionalism of a 5 star (no BS), Dominga (daytime desk) scanned and email sensitive documents of a potential employer that I truly believed helped land a A BRAND NEW JOB, Nikki (Gen. Mgr) went above and beyond to ensure I had everything I needed (I was kinda needy during this stay)...If you are ever in Round Rock (or even nearby Austin), DO YOUR SELF (and your family if they are in tow) book a your room at CANDLEWOOD SUITES I-35 South, it will only facilitate a more pleasant visit...GUARANTEED! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SoulBro11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here for three weeks. The bed was great and the room was spacious enough. They had free laundry machines as well. Staff was very friendly. No pool but I was not looking for one. Not sure what the bad reviews were because all of the others that I was traveling with also enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: all the rooms were good. No highway noise that I noticed
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Trafficnz
CandlewoodMGR, Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin South, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Trafficnz,
Just want to say thank you for the great review and your stay! We always love when a guest takes time out of their lives to let us know how we are doing. Next time you are in the Austin area, please, let us know and we will take care of you!

You're awesome!
Brenham
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is the second time I stayed at this property in the past year. I can see the maintenance is slowly sliding. Today the a/c didn't work; but was repaired asap. The room had a smoke smell to it also.The third floor is a smoke filled bar room. I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Only use as a last resort or on a tight budget.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CandlewoodMGR, Public Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin South, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Ken,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay. We value our guest opinions and want to make everybody feel at home, welcomed and they are staying in a safe,clean space. In saying that, I'm so sorry that your stay did not met your needs or our standards. It can definitely be trying when you are away from home and things like a/c don't work.

Please know that we do have our first and second floors that have no smoking rooms located on them. We would be more than happy to make sure if you come back that you are on one of those floors. Unfortunately we are a hotel that is open 24/7, as you know and problems do arise. But...we do have an amazing engineer team and housekeeping team that will always make sure your room is up to your's and our standards and comfort level.

Again we apologize for the inconvenience with your stay and welcome you back anytime. We'd love a second chance!

Respectfully.

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Woodbridge
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had stayed at this hotel in October 2012 and it was a great place to stay. This year we made the trip to Austin for my son's graduation. I booked my room in early February for a one bedroom suite with a sleep sofa in the living room. We had a 15 hour drive from Montgomery, Alabama and our arrival would be late. I had telephoned the hotel and spoke with the front desk to let them know we would be a late arrival. I had secured the room with my credit card. We arrive at 11:00 pm only to find we had a regular room. They were totally booked. My brother spent Saturday night on the floor. I was given $20 off this night and the next night my brother was given a room for his 4 days at no additional charge. This was nice, however, I booked a suite with a separate bedroom. I did not like when my son and his girlfriend visited everyone had to sit on the bed. I booked a suite so we could have dinner in our room as a family some nights. I was so disappointed that we had to sit on the bed and floor. The manager at this hotel is rude. He informed me they overbook. I didn't like his attitude and tone. I must say there are several employees who work the front desk that have great customer service, nice and helpful. Jessica is just a sweetheart. The room was clean and nice.

When you book a room and secure with a credit card you should get the room you booked, especially when a call was made advising time of arrival. If they were worried about no show.....charge my credit card!

Room Tip: Double check before arrival you are getting the room you booked.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Linda,

First off, thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay. Second, We need to apologizes for the inconvenience we put on you and your family. We can only imagine how taxing it can be to have all this happen after a long trip.

We also take pride in our customer service and it's always great to hear positives about employees. If you feel that the manager you spoke with was rude or had a "uncaring" tone, we are so sorry. Our guest are our family here and we want every one to feel welcomed and taken care of!

Please come back and see us, you are always welcomed here!
Pearland, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was booked by my company for SXSW and the hotel was at capacity. I spent the first 2 nights in a handicapped room with no bedside tables or counters in bathroom. Floor flooded every time I showered. I was moved, but spent the next 4 days without hot water. We were working 13 hour days and this was not acceptable. I was told I would be compensated with gift cards and a reduction on the bill, but nothing was ever done. Staff was apologetic, but could not solve the problem. I could understand 1 day, but 4 days without hot water was ridiculous. Their solution/comment was, "shower at night."
EMS, Houston, TX

Room Tip: Don't take a handicapped room if you need space to spread out in the bathroom. The only surface...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Elizabeth S
austinsouth, Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin South, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We want to start off by apologizing to you about the inconvenience this situation has caused. We pride ourselves in our delivering of service to our hotel and we dropped the ball in this situation. We wish that we could have prevented the boiler from leaking causing the hot water issues. It was difficult to get qualified technicians to show with a city wide sell out. We did offer discounts to your employer because of those issues. We would like to make it up to you. We value and are thankful for your feedback. We know that you as a consumer have an option and we are in the business to serve our guests and we hope that you will come and stay in our beautiful and newly renovated suites with flat screens. We are excited to be hosts during the SXSW festival and we would love a second chance to show you how we excel in demonstrating our hospitality. Please contact our GM at Candlewood Suites Austin South @ jesse.ortega@ihg.com. He will take care of you. Thank you.
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites South in Austin, Texas during the Men's Regional NCAA Basketball Tournament. It was clean and comfortable with a nice little kitchen that was supplied with flatware, dishes, pots and pans and all manner of supplies and implements to allow us to make our own meals if we chose to do so. Truthfully, we usually went out to eat but everything was there for us to use if we wanted to do so.

The room was large with a comfortable bed and lots of space for computers and all our luggage and clothing. The bathroom was clean and spacious and, when we had a minor plumbing problem, maintenance fixed it quickly.

The hotel personnel were uniformly helpful and friendly and willing to print us boarding passes for the trip home and to print out directions for anywhere we wanted to go.

Downtown was only minutes away as was the airport. The University of Texas at Austin was close by as was the President Lyndon B. Johnson Library and Museum which we thoroughly enjoyed. The price was definitely right and our stay was very enjoyable. It's not "the Ritz" but it's a great place to stay and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
austinsouth, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin South, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We want to thank you for your comments! We are very excited about the team we have put together. and the hotel has been a big hit since the renovation. This team is very customer focused and we love to hear about their performance. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and we hope when you are back in the area you stop by YOUR Candlewood Suites Austin South. - Candlewood Suites Management
Lake Jackson
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Staying here with points from my priority club membership, and Jessica made me feel like royalty! I was greeted with a smile and all the added perks of being a priority club member. I even got to spin the wheel and I received 1000 extra points. Our room was very nice! The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was spacious, and the kitchen had everything we needed. They even had a free bag of popcorn in the microwave for us. Never found the complimentary bottled water that priority club members get, so I just bought some from the pantry. They even have a complimentary DVD library that we can check out while we stay! We visited the food pantry that they have there. Slightly expensive and just the usual snack foods, but if you're really hungry and don't want to leave, it'll do. I would definitely stay here again! Right off the highway but wasn't too noisy...close to alot of what Austin has to offer

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
austinsouth, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin South, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We want to thank you for your comments! We are very excited about the team we have put together which includes Jessica. This team is very customer focused and we love to hear about their performance. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. And we are glad that Jessica was a great help. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and we hope when you are back in the area you stop by YOUR Candlewood Suites Austin South. - Candlewood Suites Management