“I'll Do it Again !!!”

Candlewood Suites - Austin South
Ranked #132 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We arrived in Austin on Friday 10/12/2012 and were greeted in a very professional, but warn & friendly manner. We were made to feel welcome immediately. Even tho the facility was totally full, the front desk was able to find a couple of extra pillows for us. The room was very clean and comfortable, and extremely user friendly. It is the small suite which has a full size refrigerator a microwave, a stove top and place settings for 2. I have no doubt that had we needed extra settings they would have provided them. Jessica who was the young lady at the front desk during the evening shifts was an angel and was so very helpful. It was extremely quiet and comfortable. I would refer this place to anyone staying in that area. There was an IHop nearby and a few more restaurants. It was affordable and I think according to others in our group who stayed in hotels nearby provided much more personal and quality service. I will stay there again. Kudo's to the management, and to the crew.!! sym from Oklahoma

Room Tip: We stayed in room 105 which had access to a side entrance making it easy to load our things to retur...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 9, 2012

So, I'm not sure why some of these reviews are so poor!! Perhaps they had random unfortunate things come up, but my stay here was absolutely flawless!

Let me begin first by saying that this was most likely our most pleasurable stay at any hotel in the recent past. We like to take frequent weekend trips to various cities in Texas for mini-vacations, concerts, etc. This time around we got tickets to see the Australian Pink Floyd concert in Austin, and we also wanted to experience 6th Street for the first time. I searched around for a few weeks to find a hotel that A.) fit our budget B.) had decent reviews and C.) had the amenities that we needed for our extended stay. We found all of this and more at this hotel! I had even booked a room at a cheaper hotel before I changed my mind and booked with this hotel.

We arrived at check-in time on Friday, October 5, 2012, and were immediately greeted by the absolute nicest front desk employee (her name was Jessica). Jessica instantly made us feel welcomed and ready to help us with any needs we had. She helped us to get extra textiles that we needed for our room: towels, a pillow, toaster oven, etc. She helped to give us directions around town and gave us some ideas of where to go. She also was sure to call our room shortly after our arrival to ensure that everything was to our liking. She was an outstanding employee, as nice as could be, and never hesitated to help us. There was even one time that we went to the counter to ask her a question, she took a phone call, helped us, and another customer all at the same time...we were quite impressed with her ability to multi-task while keeping a smile on her face (and the customers')!!

After such a wonderful welcome, we made our way up to our room. We had asked for a smoking room which is exactly where we were placed. Obviously the entire third floor is meant for smoking guest, and it did smell like smoke. This was not a problem for us since we smoke. (NOTE: If you are a non smoker obviously request to stay on the first or second floor so you do not have to worry about the smoke smell!!) The room was very clean, and had all of the amenities that we needed: a full size fridge, stove top, microwave, coffee maker, etc. The television was nice and had a beautiful picture (great for watching that Saturday's UT game)! The bathroom was spotless and had tons of storage space, and the shower had good water pressure and plenty of hot water to spare. And the bed...I wish I could have stayed for another week just for the bed alone! The sheets were clean and soft, the bed was plush and comfortable, and pillows were oh so heavenly. Wish I could have taken the whole thing home with me...lol!

This was our first time ever to stay at a Candlewood Suites Hotel, and while I cannot speak for the other locations, Austin-South was an absolute pleasure. We will be sure to stay here the next time we find our way out to Austin because this hotel definitely far surpassed our expectations. When I first booked, I was slightly apprehensive as some of the reviews on TripAdvisor.com were less than flattering. However, I don't know what any of these people are talking about. From check in to check out, our stay was flawless!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarcusLeann
Reviewed September 11, 2012

DON'T STAY HERE EXTENDED STAY , DURING MY LONG STAY HERE , had 2 water leaks in two seperate ocasions in my room ,they didnt offer any discounts or credits toward my 6month stay. ALso beware when they ask for a credit card they have you sign a release form to take any amount owed at there exgression, without your approval after you leave and check-out. Had a debated balance and refused to pay full amount due to improper maintance and handling of two water leaks of which one involved contaminated water from a toilet overflow. They didnt offer a different room or any credit or discount .After in disgust of this experience .checked-out ,and two weeks later they tried to charge by credit card without my authorization, had to cancel credit card. HAVE OVER 50 PICTURES OF MY EXPERIENCE IN WHICH I SHOULD POST

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank kevin w
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear kevin w,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and would like to address your concerns in further details. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Chose this property because of location and price. The room smelled like someone has smoked and they tried to clean it up. The AC unit had a loud dripping sound that kept me awake all night. Would consider again if I could get a quiet room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear jonpolliard,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. It is nice to know that you have chosen us because of our location. However, please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered over the smell of the room and the dripping sound from the air conditioning unit. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Our company booked this hotel through an online service by pre-paying via our corporate credit card. The stay was well enough but on our next credit card statement the hotel charged our corporate card instead of the the online service. When told of their error they refunded our corporate card then charged one of our employee's cards that was provided for expenses only. Over the course of the next two months numerous emails were exchanged with the hotel trying to resolve the situation which we thought was finally resolved in July. We chalked it up to unfortunate circumstances and lack of understanding. Now our other employee who was staying at the hotel at the same time has received his credit card statement showing the hotel has charged his own credit card for the hotel stay. Realize that this is three months later! Needless to say we are frustrated that what should be a simple and common matter of charging the online service for the stay has evolved into this chaos even after the online service provided directions on how to charge them.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BTraveler298184
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were treated great, and our rooms were very nice, and clean.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night while attending a convention. It is about 5 minutes from the convention hall, without traffic. I have no clue how long it would take if it was not on a weekend.
This hotel is either brand new, or recently re-done. We had a flat screen TV, newer refridge, new microwave, and new appliances, and the bathroom was a nice tile. As with the other Candlewood Suites I have stayed at, they are set up for longer stays, with a nice grilling area for everyone to use. If I was staying for more than one night, you can go to the grocery store a block away and save money on food. The staff was friendly, the noise you would expect from a freeway next to it was not there. The room smelled nice and the A/C worked well. I would stay here again.
The one kind of odd thing is in the bathroom, the mirror stretches to be above the toilet. I don't know about everyone, but it was a little strange to watch myself pee.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family