“They had a hard time that day knowing which rooms were ready..thus many trips to dirty rooms before we could say Bingo.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel

Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel
Ranked #24 of 197 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Not a bad place with the perfect location a little expensive for what you get. Its like a 60 -70 "s trowback
With a great location. .
Right off I -35 and close to downtown. It has a pool, some sort of hot breakfast. The hourly staff put forth an amazing effort while the manager was shopping.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I am so sorry that you were sent to rooms that were not clean. I don't know how this happened but will make sure it doesn't happen again. I am confused about the 'shopping' comment as that is not how I manage the property. Please call me at 512-444-0561 so that I can get a little more detail from you and also extend my apologies personally.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great staff that works at this hotel everyone very friendly and helpful. They have a restaurant that has awesome food. Great burgers and wings yummy desert. Beds and pillows very comfortable and clean rooms. very happy with my stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate any and all feedback-but it is always fun to hear it when the guest enjoyed the visit! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lewisville, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Let me being by saying I do several reviews and this is the first time I had to give a negative review. I booked this hotel from a third party and wasn't really happy with the experience. I won't go into specific details, but when I reported a problem with the room, I was quite insulted by the way it was handled. I was treated like I was lying and that was a major problem! I don't have to make things up. I could have chosen any hotel, but I chose this one based on the reviews. This was indeed an isolated event; however in the future when a guest has an issue try using a different approach.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy staying with us on your last visit. I would like to hear more details about your experience to make sure that it does not happen again. Please call me at 512-444-0561 so that we can discuss it. Thank you!
Friendswood Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Very nice motel with a lot of extras! Great breakfast and nice room. Quiet and relaxing! Restaurant / Bar attached, nice pool, large TV, free wifi, and much more. Very secure and welcoming. Rooms are spacious and very clean also.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Cotulla
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

First time in Austin to see one of my favorite bands and staying here was great loved the room and location of hotel close to where the event was taking place. Front desk staff was courteous and go out of their way to help you, didn't try the pool but next trip i certainly will. Room was great very spacious and bed was awesome sleep great Overall i would recommend people to stay here it its a great place to relax and rest.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you so much for the glorious review! We truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit.
Washougal, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel. It is close to the airport with easy off and on access to both North and South highways. The rooms are very nicely appointed, very comfy beds, excellent breakfast, nice courtyard pool area. Great restaurants close by only 10 minutes to downtown. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate hearing from you and will be thrilled to pass along your comments to our team. We look forward to your next visit!
Kingsland TX, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

My daughter and I had tickets to a concert in downtown Austin and we needed to take our Corgi along. I selected this pet friendly hotel based on its excellent reviews and its location. hoping for the best in both regards. My selection turned out to be perfection. I used to travel on business a great deal, and I have stayed in many hotels, good and bad. This one is a gem. Beautiful decor, quality bed linens, thick towels, big TV with clean remote, microwave, refrigerator, ironing board and iron, coffee center, lovely soap, shampoo and lotion, blow dryer, multiple setting shower-head -- all the things you would expect in a deluxe property, at a much lower price. The room service was delicious and reasonably priced, and the complimentary breakfast was amazing (make your own Texas-shaped waffle, bacon, eggs. fruit, yogurt, etc.) The swimming pool was inviting, although we did not use it this trip. We were able to drive to and from downtown Austin (3 miles away) entirely on the I-35 access roads. We may go to Austin again just to stay at this property for a get away.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the glowing review! We appreciate the comments and will share them with our entire team. It is really great to hear feedback like your! We look forward to you and your Corgi's next visit!