“Absolutely wonderful stay!”

Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel
Ranked #21 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights and every night was just wonderful! The staff went above and beyond, they definitely took great care of us. The hotel itself was simply beautiful the pool was relaxing everything was very clean! I recommend this to anyone wanting to grab a cab and go down to 6th street or Rainey street!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nikki B
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to give each guest a great experience. I look forward to welcoming you back here soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This was by far one of the best hotel stays we've had. The entire staff went above and beyond every step of the way from check in to check out. Without even having o ask they were there to help. No detail was overlooked. The excellent staff and service at this hotel far exceeded that of more expensive hotels we've stayed at. Look forward to our next stay!

Stayed: June 2014
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. We do our best to make sure that each and every guest experiences 'true southern hospitality' and it is gratifying to hear about it. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel was clean and newly renovated. The hotel bar and restaurant was great! it had live music which was very entertaining. The service at the front desk was amazing, they were so helpful and very accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so happy when our guests enjoy their visit and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I guess I have a bad impression of Best Western's from the past. I guess I always thought they were "low end." Apparently, someone in Best Western has upped their game.

This hotel was fantastic.

The staff was great. The room was great. The location was great.

It felt like a cool, unique boutique hotel.

The best part is that it's in the South Congress part of Austin. So, if you have an event downtown, but are looking for a good hotel deal, this is a good choice. It took me 5, maybe 6, minutes to drive Downtown via Congress.

The beds here are really plush, and the rooms are really clean.

If I can one little qualm, it would be that the hotel has a maze-like configuration, and can be confusing to walk around. But, that's not a big deal, in my opinion.

This is a great hotel. I highly recommend it, and will stay here again when I'm in town for business or for pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate the feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to another one soon! We have spoken with our housekeeping team regarding the towel issue and have done a bit of retraining on our Green Initiatives portion. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We arrived late at night and were welcomed by Curtiss who provided us with a nice suite and helped us plan our visit of Austin for the next day. It was very friendly and the advices were very good, so we decided to extend our stay for an extra day. It was a very good experience both in the hotel and the city: we warmly recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for the great review. Curtiss is one of our star players and it is always a pleasure when guests point out how great his customer service is. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend and based on my stay this is what I did not like about the hotel: Our room had a odd smell when we first walked in but it seem to go away after a few door openings. The door to the room did not close like they do in most hotels, you had to close it yourself otherwise it would stay open. The toilet handle was practically rubbing up against the vanity, the faucet plunger was hard to pull up due to the new granite counters, the faucet barely had any room hanging over the new granite-no clearance. The ceiling was creaking all night and day long due to the tenants upstairs walking around. This was really annoying. The bed was extremely high, I could barely climb up on it. Husband also commented on how high it was, hoping we wouldn't fall off. Front desk staff didn't seem too knowledgeable of the area when questions were asked.

Now for the good. The inside decor was new. The air conditioning was not under the curtains and it was cold, not really that noisy, which meant the curtains were NOT flying open. There was plenty of free parking even on this 3 day weekend. Breakfast also had a lot of seating. This is a good location to downtown, a little funky getting to it though. The rooms were extremely clean too.

Its almost like they were/are trying to update to new modern decor and furnishings but no one thought about getting new fixtures and I am speaking of the bathroom.

Never tried pool, spa or fitness center.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for your very detailed review of our hotel. We appreciate it more than you know. I will alert our Front Desk team about your concerns and we will make sure it is corrected. I will make sure our renovation team is alerted to your construction suggestions. I hope you will visit with us again soon. I believe you will enjoy your second visit far more than your first.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel was in a great location and the staff was on point. Breakfast was free with the room and was hot and very tasty. My daughter loved the Texas shape of the waffles it was big too. The pool was great and is 8 ft deep hot tub area and pool area very nice loved the birds! The blankets were thin and I needed more blankets but that is me. The elevator was small and hot would of liked a room on the 1st floor. If you smoke be sure to ask for a smoking room as there are smoking poles kinda strange no smoking in most all areas.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your wonderful review. We share each review with our management team each week so we can learn where we go right and where we go wrong. We love to hear what works! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit to Austin and look forward to seeing you again soon.