“Pleasantly surprised”

Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel
Ranked #18 of 204 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I was not sure what to expect as we needed an affordable hotel for a convention stay. I was pleasantly surprised, more than that- it was an excellent choice! I will return for my next visit without hesitation. Nicely remodeled, friendly staff, very comfortable beds, and great value. Short drive to the convention center and restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

We are so glad you had a chance to stay with us and see what we are about. Thank you for the great review. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I enjoyed myself staying at Best Western South Austin. I enjoyed staying at the Best Western in South Austin. I enjoyed my stay at the Best Western in South Austin I enjoyed my stay at the Best Western in South Austin, and I will be making reservations for a four day stay in April, maybe the second or third week.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are very glad that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again in April!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We settled on this place after driving around all afternoon looking for the right neighborhood and accomodations for us. It was getting dark and we were very unfamiliar with our surroundings. It turned out we were not settling at all. I had initially booked just one night thinking we'd find something closer to downtown for the next night. Within an hour of getting to our room, we called and asked if we could stay the next night too! We got a king bed. I requested an interior room as I don't like doors that open to the outside. We got a room overlooking the pool on the second floor. We did not hear a sound from the street (it's right next to a very busy highway) or anywhere outside. The person upstairs must have been rehearsing for Riverdance but, this is no fault to the hotel. The bed and linens were very comfortable. Everything was clean. Free wifi and breakfast. It's connected to a bar where we listened to live Blues/Tejano music and had really tasty burgers. It was only a $10 cab ride down town and about $8 ride from the SoCo area. We had a car but opted for cabs over messing with parking. We did drive ourselves to Franklin's about 5 min away, and SoCo, 1st St. and 6th St. are also within just a few minutes drive. I would recommend this place to anyone. It was a little cool for swimming but the pool area was beautiful. Staff was very friendly and helpful with everything.

Room Tip: The interior rooms block out all noise from the highway. I would have preferred the third floor as...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for the thorough and rave review! Sorry about the 'dancer' upstairs-I have lived under a few of those myself. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here while visiting St. Edward's University. The hotel was very clean, nicely decorated, and the staff was great. Our room was newly renovated and looked out over a beautiful pool and hot tub. The location made it very easy to get into downtown, and to all the other places we needed to go. The breakfast buffet was good, and the staff was quick to refill anything that ran out. Will certainly stay here again!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Being so close to St. Eds we get the privilege of being the 'home away from home' for many parents and family members. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had to relocate due to plumbing issues at home - and this place felt friendly, high reviews, and great jacuzzi. Super fun jam session of locals with sax appeal, sweet keyboards and great vibe Sunday night at the hotel's Blue Moon bar/lounge. All I would change would be a few people talking loudly in the a.m. as they walk by other rooms. Minus that, it was almost like home. Thanks for a reprieve from bad pipes!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the great review! I hope your plumbing issues have been solved. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. Please come back for the live music anytime, neighbor!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Chose to visit Austin to find some good live Country Music. This hotel was in a brilliant location as it was very near Downtown. We had a spacious two queen bed room overlooking the pool. The layout of the hotel was rather unusual as we had to go down outside stairs/elevator to reach reception and breakfast room. Not ideal as the weather was bitterly cold! It was well placed to visit the Capitol Building and Governor's Mansion. The hotel has live music several nights each week but when we went to sample it, we found it deafening, so didn't stay long.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool were quieter as the hotel is on a busy road
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you on your next trip to the States. This February was colder than any other in Texas-maybe next time it will warm up a bit!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Centrally located. Amenities good. Restaurant/bar affiliate was great. Blues music extraordinary. Overall cleanliness good. Pool cool and hot tub hot! Staff all very polite and helpful. Easy commute to all surrounding hot spots.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the nice review! Bless your heart if you swam in the pool this February-it was cold! The Hot Tub, however, is always welcoming! We look forward to your next visit!