“Good Value - Great Stay”

Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel
Ranked #18 of 204 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in April for the Lonestar show - my husband actually booked another hotel but I read bad reviews from trip advisor on it and cancelled our reservation and booked with Best Western instead - so glad we did. Although it was very busy due to car show - we found the front desk and staff in the bar to be very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size, clean and a comfy bed - cost was $350 for 3 nights with our CAA discount. There is a small courtyard with an outdoor pool that has chair, tables and loungers - we sat out there for a few hours not to swim but talk with friends and have a few drinks. Breakfast has to be the BEST I`ve ever had in a hotel, even paying for one - lots of choices and it was BIG - guess everything is big in Texas...lol. Location of the hotel is right off the highway, at first I thought this would be too far away from downtown but it turned out to be great - we did walk right downtown to see the car show on Congress Street. There`s lots of great restaruants to eat and places to drink within walking distance. We found this hotel to be great value and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for the glowing and detailed review. We are so glad you enjoyed the visit and look forward to your next stay in Austin!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

997 - 1,003 of 1,153 reviews

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Can't say enough nice things about this hotel. This was our second stay and the rooms wonderful, staff so polite, hotel clean, breakfast hot and plentiful. Can't say enough nice things about this hotel, and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for such a great review of our hotel. It is loyal guests like you that make it so wonderful to be in the hotel business. We look forward to seeing you again-the next time you come to Austin!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The night staff was rude and would not help us when we were woken up at 11PM by the room above. At midnight we requested a room change and they moved us across the hotel, outside in the cold instead of picking up the phone and asking the people above to be quiet. The clerks were unfriendly and rude.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your visit with us. I have given your comments to our Front Desk team and we will be doing some re-training and hopefully improve our customer service. I will let you know that after a certain point in the evening, when we have a noise complaint about another guest-we try and remove the guest who needs more quiet. This is because many times, the loud guest continues to get louder and ignores our requests to quiet down. That way the guest who wishes to sleep-can actually sleep. However, that should have been made known to you at the time of the move so you would not have thought we were uncaring.
Please visit us again and you will see improvements!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The restaurant/bar attached to the hotel was great. We had great food and didn't have to get back out into the traffic for our evening meal. Prices in the restaurant were very reasonable. The frig in our room did not work and was unplugged. Since we were only there over night we did not report it until we left early the next morning.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for letting us know about the mini-fridge problem. We were able to repair it before the visit of the next guest. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed for three nights on a business trip to Austin. The room was good sized and comfortable, with a modern, attractive decor -- gray with red overtones. Everything was clean and the fridge and microwave were appreciated. Breakfast included bacon, eggs, breakfast sandwiches, cereal, and (truly) waffles in the shape of the great state of Texas. The exercise room was plenty adequate and the staff were friendly and professional. I was pleasantly surprised. Also, there's a school next to a park just .8 walkable miles away. Nice place to stroll. I was happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the hiway.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review! We appreciate the wonderful hotel description and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to visit family and celebrate his 30th birthday. The hotel was great, room was great, the bar and grill was awesome with live music, but this hotel lacked the most important thing for any business, there was no customer service at all! We were not greeted at check in. We were handed a map to find our room, no one directed us on which way to park. The majority of the staff was cold and not pleasant at all (with the exception of one young lady with braids she was pleasant. Forgive me I don't remember her name). We left a set of keys in the hotel room. We were told to either drive back to get them (we live in Houston) or send a pre-paid package to the hotel to send the keys back to us. I understand that the hotel didn't want to have to pay to have this shipped back to us but what happened to going the extra mile for the customer? I would have been fine with having a small fee billed to my card to have the hotel ship it back to us. Many hotels have shipped items to me with no problem. My husband and I spent nearly 50 dollars at UPS to get packages to the hotel to send back to us. It was just a huge inconvenience.

The hotel was great but because of such poor service I will not return. It's upsetting because I really like the place. I hope that this reaches someone important so improvements can be made.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

We contacted this guest directly and resolved it so that she is happy with us again.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed a night to visit family in Austin and celebrate his 30th birthday.The hotel is beautiful and very comfortable unfortunately the customer service is EXTREMLY POOR! We were not greeted at check in. We were not shown where our room was. We were just handed a map. We ended up leaving a set of keys in the room. We were told that we would have to drive back to Austin to pick them up or send a prepaid package for you all to return the keys. What happened to going the extra mile for customers? Why couldn't the hotel just ship them back to us (like many hotels do and have done for me in the past)? Even if we had to pay a extra fee to have it shipped that would have been acceptable to me. The hotel does have our credit card on file, why not ship the keys to us, charge a small fee and move on? Instead my husband and I end up spending nearly 50 dollars to get a prepaid package sent to the hotel. Customer service is EVERYTHING. This is why I will never return to Best Western. Its upsetting because the hotel is so nice but the customer service was just so bad we will never return. I hope this reaches someone so changes can be made. I would like to return if there is improvement.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

This is a duplicate of the above review.