Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel
$219
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$93
The Driskill(Austin)
$241
$219
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
$99
W Austin(Austin)
$224
1,191 results
All reviewsblue moonbest westernsattached restaurantclose to downtownsoco areasouth congressfree breakfasthot tubconvenient locationpool areagreat place to staywould stay here againyogurtnice poolhot breakfastclean roomseasy access
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Not sure why the haters on this hotel. Any issues that there may have been were not present at my stay. I got in on a really late flight and the desk was ready to help. We were trying to grab a bite and drink ASAP, and they told us they would take our bags to the room while we went next door.

The layout from the original hotel means there are some weird half levels and outbuildings, but I thought it brought charm. It looks like there was a renovation recently, and everything was very modern. The tubs are still the original small tub, but the shower head was great. Beds were comfy with nice sheets.

The breakfast was nice, with a breadth of options. The location made it quick to get downtown, even in the horrible Austin traffic.

Room Tip: We had an interior room overlooking the pool area and it was beautiful and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It just so happens this hotel is newly remodeled. Needless to say extremly clean, new furnishings and lots of friendly faces. The complimentary breakfast is one of the best I have seen and tasted. I would defenitly stay here again. The location is close enough to down town Austin for it to feel like you are down town without the over priced hotel rate. I notice they book families with children in the same area together allowing for quite retreats for those without children. Smart on their part.

Room Tip: I had a room off the highway, but you would never know there was a highway out there. I think all the rooms are in a good postion, you have to chose if you want to see the sunrise or sunset.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I bought a package from groupon for a great price so i didn't expect much from this place but it was great for us and conveniently located.We arrived pretty early and they had a room ready for us which was great and free parking and breakfast.I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.I stayed in a 2 room king suite and it was great.They didn't have a dvd player would be my only complain but everything else is great.I also wish they had heated pools as the water was freezing and i wouldnt get in.The room has great space and a pullout bed in the living room.The air conditioning was really good and i have no complaints.If im ever in the austin area again i will stay there again.

Room Tip: go for room 318
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

At first glance this looked like a decent place to stay.
-'s:
The room rate was extremely high for a dumpy motel. Spend the extra $30/night for a nicer hotel downtown! Our room had NO water pressure, plumbing in toilet mysteriously flushed whenever room next door flushed, towels were dirty, small black dirt in the bed, deadbolt had to be forced to engage in the locked position, stains on the ceiling, mold in the shower, 2" gap at the bottom of the door, fridge did not work, A/C was not cold, bed was not comfortable, room was tiny and furniture was too big etc. We had the do not disturb sign on our door and they still came in.
+'s:
The breakfast was decent. The renovation updated the interior and it is modern.

If this hotel was priced in the category where it should be like other motels I would expect the room negatives. But being as it was priced so high, my expectations were that I would get what I paid for rather than paying a premium to stay in a dump!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank L0vel0veit
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

I am truly sorry you were so disappointed in your stay. We are dedicated to every guest having a restful and positive experience, and it is most helpful if our guests tell us directly about any problems that are encountered. That helps make us more timely and efficient in correcting any problems and also gives us a chance to apologize directly to the guest. If the person who wrote this wants to speak with me please call the hotel directly and ask to speak with the GM. Thank you.