“MY STAY AT COMFORT INN”
Review of Comfort Inn Austin

Comfort Inn Austin
Ranked #150 of 201 Hotels in Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Exceptionally clean, quiet, carefully monitored by mgt. Not quite sure
what's with the artificial plants but otherwise very good.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2009

My boyfriend and I picked this hotel because of its vicinity to downtown Austin, and the excellent price. We were pleased when we walked into the room, everything appeared to be updated. But the closer you looked, the worse it got. Being a bit of a germaphobe, I was really freaked out by the mold that had obviously taken up residence long ago on the shower curtain. There was also a mysterious dark color to the shower floor. And there was mold around the wall bar inside the shower. Outside of the shower, the towel rack on the wall looked like someone had tried to sit on it. While the counters had obviously been updated, the sink fixtures were not. It's like they decided to spend a lot of money on upgrades, but got tired when it came time to fix the sink.

Moving on to the room. Very, very comfortable bed with an abundance of pillows. I liked not having to ask for more. Nice new flat screen TV as well, and new microwave and mini fridge. My only problem with the room was the A/C. It was a cold weekend and the heater wasn't working. Just blowing cold air.

At the side of the hotel by the parking lot is an entrance with a sign that reads that the door is locked 24 hours a day for guest safety. Imagine how safe I felt when we walked right in without using our keycard.

At check-in, the clerk was very nice. At check-out, the manager wasn't. We went up to the counter to turn in our keys and my boyfriend asked "Could I have a copy of the receipt?" And the manager simply said "No." Umm?? No explanation, just, "No."

It could be a great, reasonably priced hotel if they spend a little more time and money on it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Riverside, CA
Reviewed January 7, 2009

This is a pretty average Comfort Inn, but it seems to be going down hill. The rooms were clean, but the halls looked like the hadn't been vacuumed in a week. We chose this hotel because of the indoor pool. We were disappointed to discover that the pool water was cold and we couldn't use it.

• Liked — Good breakfast
  • Disliked — Pool water was cold
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Michigan
Reviewed August 29, 2008

This Confort Inn, which can't be very old, was a very clean, well maintained hotel. It really is a business hotel based on the location, which isn't great. It is located on a service road along 183. It is easy to get to once you know how to get there, however the navigation system couldn't find it because the nav-system thought I was on the service road and not the highway, despite the nav-system having put me on the highway. That isn't a fault of the hotel, but it is confusing the first time. Then when leaving the hotel, you must turn left out of the parking lot and you are entering the service road just downstream of an exit ramp. It often takes a few minute to get out of the parking lot.

The hotel is surrounded by the highway, a self-storage facility, another hotel under construction and a Hooters. Its not exactly a tourist location. Despite being near the highway, it was quiet.

Anyway, the hotel staff was great. They were polite, helpful and efficient. The entire hotel was clean and nice. Hotels in this price range are not luxurious and this one wasn't either, but it was comfortable. The room was a semi-suite with a couch, coffee and end tables, sink, fridge and micro-wave oven at one end, and the bed, night tables, TV/dresser and desk at the other. The bed was comfortable and everything worked, including the air conditioning, which you will need; althought it wasn't on when I arrived and it took about an hour for the third floor room to cool on a 95 degree day.

Although I didn't use the outdoor pool, it looked nice. The complementary breakfast in a room off of the lobby was just okay. I've had much better in hotels like this. The choices were a little sparce. Breakfast choices included cold cereal, eggs, sausage or bacon (depending on the day), bread, pastry and yogurt. Juices, coffee and milk are available. The breakfast room had adequate seating and a large flat screen television.

I was traveling on business, and for my needs, this hotel was fine. I would stay at the Comfort Inn Austin again if my business brought me to this area. I would probably choose a different hotel based on location if I were on vacation.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable room with free wireless internet.
  • Disliked — The location isn't great.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SEMich
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2008

This was the Comfort Inn at 700 Delmar Ave. Austin, TX. It was about what you would expect from a little older Comfort Inn. There was an indoor pool, which we did not use. The breakfast was pretty good. The front desk person was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank travlingal51
Maryland
Reviewed June 18, 2008

I made my reservation based on these recommendations. I'm really surprised that there are so many favorable reviews because my room was pretty gross. I arrived late at night after a long day, only to walk into a room where everything had large, visible stains - the bedspread, the furniture, etc. The sink was heavily cracked from age. The lighting was bad and I could hear the noise from I-35, so it left me with a really bad impression. There were also ants crawling on the clock radio on my nightstand. The other curious thing was that when I arrived in the parking lot, there was a large van with its doors open and a sign that said "security" in the window. I don't know what that was about, but it sure made me feel uneasy.

Long story short - I would specifically tell a friend NOT to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo