“Very quiet”
Review of Comfort Inn Austin

Comfort Inn Austin
Ranked #148 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel sits right off of I35, and I was pleasantly surprised how quiet the hotel is. The staff was friendly and actually were aware of their incoming reservations well enough that they identified me by name before I had even started the check in process. Traveling as a single dad with two teenagers must really stand out. In the morning a different clerk even asked if my son was alright, he slept in a little later than my daughter and I. The pool was indoors and not quite warm but the hot tub hit the spot. Breakfast had a nice variety, The hotel was a ten minute drive from the State Capitol. I will definitely be staying there again. This trip was a little business and a little family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RalphR2

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was there for SXSW. The rooms and facilities were generally clean and as expected for a Comfort Inn. However, because of SXSW, it was impossible to get a cab. After waiting one hour for a cab, and being on the verge of missing my flight back home, the manager went through herculean efforts to make sure I got to the airport. It was very important to him that his guests get what they need, and I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for somewhere to stay in the Austin area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

stayed here for the weekend for the Formula One Grand Prix. Chose this hotel because it was the only one that was open for booking almost a year ahead and because it was the only one under $400 a night. Normally I wouldn't pay over $300 for a Comfort Inn but considering the entire city was sold out, I understand they are just following supply and demand. The hotel itself was pretty clean and had everything I needed. I was in room 119 and it looked like it had pretty new furniture and was very clean. It was nice having a working microwave and refrigerator and the TV had an excellent channel lineup though not in HD. the location is pretty central and close to major highways so it's easy to get anywhere relatively quickly though there wasn't much around the hotel other than other budget hotels and inns. I had requested and gotten an accessible room though the area to wheel around the beds was pretty tight and not the most comfortable. The bathroom was very spacious however. In the end, I don't require too much and the hotel served well for a “relative” low-price. The free breakfast was also nice for a quick grab and go to the track.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2012

A nice quiet hotel. Internet, TV, pool, hot tub, clean rooms, coffe pot, fridge, microwave and hot breakfast. Good value, nothing extravagant but clean and comfortable. What else is there really when you're away from home and needing a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2012

After staying at a terrible Comfort Inn in Sidney, NE we decided to give the chain another try in Austin. This Comfort Inn was great! It is updated and clean. The indoor pool offered a refreshing break from the heat. The hotel is located right on 35, so it was an easy drive to the UT Campus. We will stay there again when we visit our son at UT. The breakfast was very good too---waffles, eggs, sausage, cereals, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee. Our room was a little warm, so we had to turn the AC all the way down, but it cooled off after that. If highway noise bothers you, I recommend you ask for a room at the side of the hotel away from the highway. The surrounding neighborhood is not very nice, but we felt safe and comfortable within the fenced in parking lot. Overall, a very good hotel at a very good price.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by highway noise, ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from I35.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diane W
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My wife and I go to Austin on business at least 1-2 times a year. Lately we've been staying at this Comfort Inn and it has been pretty good for us. This past weekend, we were again in Austin and stayed at this hotel. Wow, were we surprised how far the quality has slipped! From the very bad smell in the 2nd floor hallway, greasy and tasteless breakfast food, to our refrigerator being so frost bound you could not use the small freezer section. I actually had to chip ice out of the unit to shut the door of the refrigerator. All this happened to the second room we were given, since the first one had no working air conditioner compressor. They had a large group in the hotel and my phone kept ringing with teens looking for friends You call or visit with the the front desk only to be greeted by someone who simply nods yes even if they do not understand. Overall, this is a poor value for a hotel, when the rooms are $90-100/night. I will avoid this property in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure everything works when you get in. Open the refrigerator and make sure there is not excess...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Large room with comfortable bed and couch. Good wi-fi connections. Good breakfast with sufficient items for all guests (unlike some places that run out if you're not there early.)
Friendly staff and helpful suggestions for nearby eateries (Rudy's BBQ!). The only downside was the 2nd floor room on the freeway side had a bit more of constant traffic noise than we liked. But it was convenient to go places easily. Adaquete parking and convenient open stairway in the lobby.
Don't miss the Chisholm Trail Park and historically significant Round Rock on the Chisholm Trail Road side of the hotel. Nice sculptures and historical information about the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family