Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewscourtyard by marriottfront deskstarbucks coffeewhole foodsroom was cleanshopping and restaurantseasy accessweekend staynice propertypleasant stayindoor poolupon checklobbyarboretumaboretumhighwaydowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I stay at this hotel very often and recommend it to colleagues and friends whenever I hear Austin, TX. While the hotel is not ultra modern, it is clean and comfortable yet, best of all, are the people who work there. Staff is extremely friendly and that is something I CONSISTENTLY find at this hotel, no matter the season, no matter the day. I read a review of someone who had a bad experience at the front desk, which I find odd because I have had nothing but good things to say about the staff. To me, this more than makes up for the decor. The hotel is also very close to shopping and entertainment (read the Domain and Arboretum Areas next to it) but you can also hop on to the nearby highways and in 15 minutes you are Downtown!. I travel the world for business and pleasure and I have stayed in many hotels, so I can tell you this one is definitely one you can't beat for the price and service you get.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Staff attitude makes a big difference to me, especially when dissatisfied with the room. It all started with the guy at the front desk who booked my stay with his bad attitude. That, along with a stinky, dirty room, "forget it!"

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. As a team we typically rate very high in customer service scores and we are committed to taking great care of our guests. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences during your stay and hope that if you are ever in Austin again that you would give us another opportunity to make things right.
We appreciate your feedback as it raises our level of awareness and commitment,
Crystal Schwartz

Reviewed April 30, 2007

The rooms smell musty (I looked at 2- both smelled), the whirlpool had dirt in it, the gym had garbage in it, and they charge for breakfast (unlike other Courtyards I've stayed at).

As for the staff, you decide:

They put me in the wrong room at first, and even though it was the wrong room, the key didn't work.

Next, the lobby smells of natural gas every afternoon. When I mentioned it, they didn't seem to care, because they say it always smells that way. I expressed concern about possible danger, but no luck- they still didn't think it was an issue.

3  Thank odin4566
Reviewed April 26, 2007

Staff was friendly and courteous. Room was clean. Outside room was noisy as it was near the freeway and not well sound proofed - ask for an inside (courtyard) room. Bed was comfortable but not special. In room air conditioner/heater was noisy. Breakfast was pleasant and again with friendly and courteous staff, food quality was not special, but the area was clean and hygenic. A no smoking hotel - great!

Public computers with printers, by the lobby, were in good working condition and handy for printing boarding passes. In-room internet worked flawlessly.

No safe in room (at least I didn't see one).

The registration desk staff knew where the restaurant list was, but had nothing to say about recommendations. A fellow guest recommended NXNW - a micro-brew pub with varied menu just down the street, not next door but within walking distance - which was reasonably priced, comfortable for business discussions, good food, and good beer.

• Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank pickybutnotpampered
Reviewed January 9, 2007

First the good….locations is near shops, restaurants, theatres, etc. Also, front desk personnel were very nice. I arrived at 2pm, 1 hour before check-in and the room I requested (on an upper floor) was not ready so they moved me to a room on a lower level. I appreciated them being accommodating to get me a room early but the room had something to be desired (see bad). Free internet (as at all Courtyards) plus a terminal in lobby if you don’t have your own.

Now the bads…..This hotel is very average, reminds me a bit of an old slightly (and I mean slightly) updated Holiday Inn. Basic in-expensive furnishings, older beds, small television and small rooms. Old style window A/C unit which is loud. Pool is small and not very nice. Workout room also very small and limited. The hotel was fully booked and I think it showed on the maid staff that was in a hurry to clean and my room showed it. I found someone’s toenail clippings on the floor and in the tub (yuck)!

Courtyard is usually pretty nice but this one is really basic and I don’t think worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business