“Good bang for your buck!”

Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum
Ranked #82 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Minnesota
“Good bang for your buck!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I recently stayed at the Courtyard Arboretum for four nights. The hotel itself isn't fancy, but it's nicely updated. I thought the bed was quite comfortable for a hotel. Staff was extremely helpful and attentive. A good value.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Natalee U, Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! I am glad you’re found your stay to be enjoyable; I will pass your positive review on to our entire staff, thanks for sharing! We can’t wait to welcome you back for your next stay here in Austin.
Thanks,
Natalee -Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this property, as a matter of business convenience only, approximately five time...I've had enough. The property is very run down and is definitely showing its age. During my last stay my room was on an upper floor, I literally waited 4-5 minutes for the hot water to arrive in the shower!

I've never had a problem with the staff, they have always been very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. Also, in today's age of hotel enticements to earn your business, I have gotten use to my having a free continental breakfast...not at this location, you'll pay big bucks for a simple meal.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your feedback, I apologize you did not have an enjoyable stay, and we hope that you will give us another try during your next trip to Austin. This is not the experience we strive to provide for every guest whom stays with us, and would love the opportunity to show that to you!

Best Regards,
Natalee-Assistant General Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a run of the mill Courtyard. Lobby is updated but the rooms are a bit dated. Ask for a room on the non-freeway side. I stayed in room 312 on the freeway side and the windows in the rooms are very thin and the noise from the freeway is very loud.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardNWatx, Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review for us here on Trip Advisor. Our team is always anxious to hear what our guests have to say regarding their stay. I also wanted to apologize for the noise that you experienced during your stay. I hope that when you find yourself in Austin we get another chance to give you a better experience then you had this past time.

Lynn
Seattle
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Maybe this place is great, when the locks work. Arrived at midnight pretty exhausted only to be told that the door locking mechanisms weren't working for the available rooms and I had to go to another property. They said the night would be complimentary, but I charged full price at the second property. I was too tired to argue, although I might write Marriott a note. Things happen, but my experience was certainly very unpleasant.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardNWatx, Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
I can only imagine the frustration that you felt when arriving at the hotel only to find out your stay was relocated. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you as I can assure you that this is not a regular occurrence. Unfortunately, I can't turn back the clock and change your experience. I do hope that when you find yourself in the Austin area you give us another chance.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Arboretum last Saturday and had a great experience. I was in town solo for one night, had a wedding to attend on Saturday afternoon and a club meeting Sunday at noon. I picked this hotel based on its proximity to my two needs.
I called ahead and was allowed to check in an hour or so early on Saturday, so I could stash my things and change clothes for the 4:00 wedding. It was in a small town outside of Austin but with the excellent proximity to the 183 toll road, it took me just 30 minutes to get there. I returned to the hotel around 9 and decided to go to a movie, the cinema was walking distance away.
The next morning I got up and went for a bike ride, then had time to come back and clean up for my noon meeting. The meeting was in a business in the shopping area across the street so I asked the staff if I could just leave my car parked there rather than fight the crowded lot around the shopping and they obliged with a smile.
Room was well appointed, clean, and comfortable, and dark which I really appreciate when I sleep. Staff always had a smile and made conversation whenever I passed. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Scott,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review of both our hotel and staff in your Trip Advisor survey. Our team was excited to hear your experience and it really brightened their day. I trust that when you are in the Austin area we will be seeing you again.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Courtyard was a clean, friendly hotel but it was just average. The staff at the desk were excellent and friendly. The Bistro was a little expensive. The hotel has a nice location near some shopping malls. It is what you would expect a Courtyard to be which in my mind is a decent hotel but no sparkle.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
I wanted to take a moment and personally thank you for filling out a Trip Advisor for our property. It is guests like yourself that not only help us improve by perfect our hotel. When you are in the Austin area again, I hope you give us the chance to sparkle your socks off during your stay!

Clements, Maryland
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I usually rate places at the highest possible and this is my first negative review. We stayed on the 31st of October. The place was crawling with drunks (I have children) that just wreaked of booze, someone urinated in the elevator, rude people all over the hotel cussing in front of kids. Loud obnoxious guests all night. Now for the room, mildew in the bathrooms, dirty carpet, hair in the beds (does housekeeping even try here or do they just make the bed?). you couldn't offer me a discount or a free night to come back to this place. Best advice...KEEP DRIVING.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to fill out a survey on Trip Advisor. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I know that you mentioned you weren't interested, but if you change your mind it would be my pleasure to offer you a complimentary return visit to the hotel. It is very important to us that all of our guests leave completely satisfied.