“Absolutely disgusting. Had other guests walk in thinking it was their room. Imagine if we weren't there?!”

Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum
Ranked #93 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Absolutely disgusting. Had other guests walk in thinking it was their room. Imagine if we weren't there?! I was disgusted when ghe front lobby thought it was perfectly acceptable and just said sorry. No emotion

• Stayed: October 2013
CourtyardNWatx, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

We are so sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations. Please contact our management team directly, we would be happy to resolve this issue with a refund or a complimentary invitation back to our hotel.
Crystal Porter

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I had an issue with my first room (had a weird smell) and when I called the front desk they immediately put me in a new room. Beds are comfortable and my room was spacious and very clean.

• Stayed: September 2013
CourtyardNWatx, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a comment on Trip Advisor! We hope to you back in the Lone Star State capital soon, Hook em'!
Crystal & Team CY NW

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is a small hotel. It is not a full service hotel (no room service) but it is price accordingly. I had a pleasant stay, the staff was extremely friendly, and even got some food items for free simply because they were in a good mood. The decor looks a little old, but overall it is in good condition.

Well... the bathtub was slow to drain (water accumulated as I showered) in my room, but I reported it when I checked out. Hopefully they will fix this minor issue, which I see in just about every hotel I ever stay in.

Internet access was free, but a little on the slow side. Although it could have been because the hotel was completely booked during my stay. Too many people using it.

I gave an average review to the spa and room service simply because I didn't see a "N/A" option.

Room Tip: Book away from elevator, and away from the ice machines... the noise of people getting ice can leak...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardNWatx, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us during your trip to Austin, hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

One of the main things I look for in a hotel - clean. This hotel fits this requirement. This was the first time I stayed here and would stay again. They have a patio shaded with trees and and my family sat outside visiting. We ordered appetizers and drinks from the bar indoors. Quite nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a comment on TripAdvisor - we hope to see you back again soon!
Crystal & Team CY NW

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I will just say that this Marriott handled at least 4 different soccer teams and their families over the Labor Day weekend. With all this chaos, they executed flawlessly.

Each employee went well above and beyond the call of duty, and were extremely friendly and accommodating. Natalie (mgr) and other mgr's were also amazing.

Among many excellent customer service experiences, the whole staff found a needle in a haystack for our family. A day after we checked out, we realized that we had left a very small children's blanket (more like a 1x1 rag) in our room. The cleaning staff and manager could not at first find the blanket and we though the search was over. When all hope seemed lost, we received another call from the hotel. The cleaning staff found the blanket in the laundry and we should be receiving in the mail soon.

While this is a small thing, I was totally impressed with the staff being so thorough. Their communication wasn't just "sure, we will look for it." They actually did, and they communicated just as they said they would.

Again, just very impressed. Great leadership at this hotel and the staff really does seem to care about their customers being happy.

Well done Marriott Austin NW.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardNWatx, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave our hotel a comment on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your choosing our hotel while in town and hope to see you back again soon,
Crystal & Team Courtyard Austin NW

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this property in April 2013 while visitng family in Austin. There was construction going on in the hotel (updating breakfast room), so we were leary upon arrival. However, the wonderful staff of the hotel made us feel so at home immediately!
Our stay was quiet and easy; just what we needed. The manager had arranged for extra amenities to make up for any inconvenineces. This was welcome and appreciated.
We would return to this property for a casual or business stay.

Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Austin, we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We are a family of four with two children...ages 9 and 7. They love sofa beds so we got a King w/sofa bed. Wow. It was SO small...uncomfortably small. Thankfully, due to our event, we were not there much. The bed was very comfortable. There is no frig or microwave in the room. The hot tub and pool were nice. The hotel is across the street from Gateway Mall which has a few restaurants. There is no breakfast included but they have a Starbucks which serves food and coffee beverages that can be charged to your room. They DO NOT accept Starbucks gift cards which was a disappointment. However, I wish I had gotten the name of the sweetheart behind the counter at Starbucks on Saturday morning 8/17/13. She listened to me talk to my husband and made egg white scramble with turkey sausage and fruit instead of toast to leave off gluten. She was so pleasing and nice. The cleanliness leaves some room for improvement. There was a Dorito on the floor under our coffee table when we checked in (which we didn't have) and it was still there on Sunday morning even with them coming in to tidy up on Saturday.

Room Tip: King with sofa bed is small for families.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Leslie409
CourtyardNWatx, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment on Trip Advisor and we hope to see you back in Austin again soon!