“Hard to find, but worth it!”

Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum
Ranked #87 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I found this, overall, an excellent hotel mostly due to very friendly, cheerful, helpful staff. The hotel is not brand new but clean.Rooms a little on the small side especially in passageways where 2 people could not easily pass one another, especially with sleeper sofa unfolded. Our hallway and room smelled a little of cleaning products when we arrived but by no means "stinky". Ice machine on our floor did not work, but one floor up worked fine. Room, lobby, pool and work out room, all very nice and clean. Everything in the fitness room actally worked (don't always see that)! Wish the hotel chain would go back to free coffee in the lobby but that's the only suggestion for improvement that I would have.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MamaHay
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us a comment on Trip Advisor! We hope to see you back in the Live Music Capital of the World one day very soon-
Crystal & team CY NW

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked (2) rooms and both were perfect. They were clean, comfortable, and great night's sleep. Staff was outstanding from the minute we checked in to the day we checked out. The bistro was wonderful for breakfast and much needed coffee. Plenty of parking, fitness center was typical Marriott, and we would stay here again. Great location for our visit to Austin.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ShermanSUV
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thanks for making our day and for taking the time to leave us a comment on Trip Advisor! We hope to see you back again soon,

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I just stayed at this Courtyard while I was attending a prep course over at the PEC center. Upon arrival I was pleasantly greeted by the staff, graciously accommodated with a quiet room (410) on the top floor away from the elevators and highway so that I could rest and study and given a quick tour of the hotel facilities. The staff was continually friendly and attentive from the front desk to the Bistro and was a huge factor in making this stay comfortable.

The bistro is a great time saver as I did not have time between my courses and studying in the evening to go out to dinner. I was able to grab a bite to eat with healthy options for dinner and breakfast at reasonable prices. I recommend the healthy start sandwich or the yogurt parfait if you have limited time in the morning.

The room itself was good, very clean with a standard king layout. The shower was great with a new high pressure head and a curved shower rod to give me more room. The towels were a little thin, but my replacement on the second day was more plush so ask if they don't meet your needs. My one complaint about the room would be the dated air conditioning unit. The noise level didn't bother me but the was no temperature setting so if you leave it on low cool it does get a bit cold. I would have liked to have a blanket available as it got down to the 40s on the last day.

I also utilized the fitness center. It had a few treadmills, weights and one elliptical. It was adequate but unfortunately the TV was situated right next to the elliptical and even with headphones on it was hard to block out the noise since its at head level. Grab a towel from the pool rack before you enter since there were not any in the room itself.

The location and customer service make this a great choice if you are taking classes at the Echelon.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 410. It was quiet, away from the elevator and ice machine and way from the traffic...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jennifer S
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

It's guests like you that remind us that we have the best job in the world! We love taking great care of great people like you!! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a comment on Trip Advisor and we hope to see you back again very soon -
Crystal & Team CY Austin NW

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The room very clean, which included a sofa as well as a desk and chair. King size bed was ok, not the best I have slept in. . Very friendly staff, they always said hello when I arrived in the lobby. Food was good. Very helpful staff in the lounge area where they serve Starbucks coffee. the . Free parking.

Room Tip: There is a Bucca Di Beppo just about a block away, for a delicious dinner.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank alexanderlosangeles
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thanks for making my day and for taking the time to leave us a comment on Trip Advisor! Our staff service scores are in the Top 13% of all Courtyards and it's really important to us that each of our guests have a wonderful experience with us. Hope to see you back again soon -
Crystal & Team CY NW

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for a girls' getaway weekend and were pleasantly surprised by how helpful and friendly the staff is at the front desk and small cafe. I spent 15 years in the hotel business before I had children so I know how hard those jobs are....people aren't always very kind. Nathalie was especially sweet, informative and helpful. I watched her throughout the weekend with other guests and she has a great attitude, always making sure that the guest is taken care of and that they are satisfied with their experience at the Courtyard. I also witnessed her teaching a front desk associate how to do something on the computer....she was extremely patient and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank J S
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave us a comment and celebrating our AGM Natalee! We appreciate great guests like you and hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The room was very nice, even excellent except for the following:
1. The lighting over the sink is unacceptable for putting on makeup. Thank goodness, I have a magnifying mirror that I could put in the window where I could use "natural" light, i.e. the sun!!
2. There were only 2 packets of coffee, decaf and regular. We both drink regular. We got back to the room in the evening and noticed no new coffee had been left. My husband went down and got 2 packets for Saturday morning. On Saturday morning we discovered, to our dismay, not cups had been left by housekeeping.the day before and had to go downstairs for coffee, (from Starbuck's which was better anyway)
3. We had our grandson (4YO) with us on Saturday morning and the "bistro" does not have chocolate milk.

By the way...I left my magnifying mirror in the hotel window when we left. This would not have happened if the lighting had been brighter and therefore, I would have been able to use the sink mirror.

Room Tip: Women...be sure you have proper mirrors so you can be able to put on makeup~~~
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LittleGsdidi
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us a comment on Trip Advisor. Would you mind messaging/emailing me the room # you stayed in so that we can check on the vanity lighting? It's important to us that all of our guests enjoy their stay and I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Plenty of room to stretch your legs and relax in this room which included a sofa as well as a desk and chair. Very clean. King size bed was very comfortable. If you like to open windows get a room not on the freeway side as it is a bit noisy. Odd numbered rooms on entrance side have nice balconies. Very pleasant breakfast area adjacent to the lobby. Food was good. Very helpful staff facilitated our gathering time in the lounge. We rented 4 rooms all close together as arranged by the management. Across the street is a handy shopping center. Free parking is a plus if you are driving as plenty of space is available

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank goletagone

Thank you so much for staying with us and for choosing our hotel during your trip to Austin! We hope to see you back again soon -
Crystal & Team Courtyard NW