“Pleasant surprise!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum
Ranked #84 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Pleasant surprise!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

It truly has a lot to do with the staff, coupled with a new renovation and you have a Fantastic hotel. The hotel staff was amazing accommodating and quick service. Our room was great. We wanted a lower floor and opted for early arrival and took the 2 double beds w/ disability features. We had no problem with this as it gave us more space to be honest. Room decor was fresh and new. The air climate was perfect. It had all the accommodations we were looking for. We were especially thrilled to see the lobby's new concept in decor and service items (a Starbucks, a small grocery refrigerated section, and homemake food service with waiters, in a walk up service counter. My husband and I travel a lot throughout the US and abroad. We felt like this was a little boutique hotel in NYC. Loved it so much with its rich orange POP decor and sleek furnishings. Loved the banquette seating I believe there were 2 w/ their own TV to watch... giving a little privacy when you sit there. The rest of the lobby has a large screen TV, comfy chairs, computers, a bar seating for Ipods and phones. The Starbucks coffee station and attendents were great. We had only breakfast here with a small amt charge. DELICIOUS and lots of it. The pool was enough to relax not a big deal within the interior of the hotel. A small workout room but enough. Our purpose was to be able to get to the neighborhood hospital quickly and also to Congress street. All within hwy or neighborhood driving of 15 mins taking the longer inside roads route. 7 mins to the hospital. 10 mins to Congress via highway. I don't usually stay in the Arboretum area but around the corner from the hotel is a wonderful string of strip malls: including your Target and Walmart close by. 5 stars for a small version of the Marriott and that got this one RIGHT. If the staff continues to be accommodating, I'd say forget downtown high dollar hotels w/ parking fees and crowded streets. Go for a little more relaxing traffic area and go to check out this wonderful surprise we found online. LOVED IT truly did. I do not work for the hotel nor know anyone who does. I really think this is a diamond hotel. Check it out.

Room Tip: Don't forget that the disability rooms are really a mere No Bathtub on the one we chose. We didn...
2 Thank cctexas1
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your gracious comments on Trip Advisor about our staff and hotel! It's guests like you that make the hospitality such a wonderful place - it was truly our pleasure to take great care of you and your husband during your trip to Austin.
See you next time,
Crystal & Team CY NW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Upon arrival the front desk employee was very friendly and welcoming. She gave us plenty of advice on our restaurants that we mentioned to her. The location is very good to head to 6th street. I felt the hotel was overall old and starting to show it's wear. One of the windows had window tint on it and the other was peeled off but you could not see out the window due to interior moisture in the window. Usually my choice of hotels will be Marriott but I will not be returning to the Courtyard. It is hugely overpriced for location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank N728PR
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for styaing with us and taking the time to leave us a comment on TripAdvisor! I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not exceed your expectations. Please contact me personally at the hotel as it would be our pleasure to do whatever it takes to remedy the situation and your opinion of our hotel!
Crystal and Team CY NW
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Traveling can be a little stressful when you have two small children, aged three and five. With my two kids, we have a hard time staying in hotels because they require a few things. One, they need their own television to watch cartoons. Which can sometimes be a challenge since cable doesn't always show age appropriate cartoons for kids late in the day/evening. Two, they truly do need their own space to not only sleep, but to play. We bring toys along and some hotel rooms don't have enough room to even put a suitcase, much less any toys. We need a hotel room that has good soundproofing so that we don't hear our neighbors and vice versa. And it always makes us feel better when the space is obviously clean and well kept. At the Marriott Couryard, which we booked through a bidding process on Priceline, was absolutely wonderful. We stayed Labor Day weekend, and it did have a good occupancy. We were so so lucky to have a King Suite. The bedroom area was separated by a perfect privacy wall, two a/c units helped us control our temperature and the kids separately to make everyone comfortable. I've stayed in suites that had one a/c unit and it was not easy to regulate the temperature. The room had a huge bay of windows and we were on the 8th floor, which provided a great view of Austin. The kids also loved the fact that they had a desk to play with the laptop, a tv with a cartoon package we could order, for a pretty reasonable $9.99. The PBS package was PERFECT for them. The free wi-fi connected easily to the laptop, iPad, iPod and iPhones, making everyone happy. Everyone at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful at all hours of the day. We were within walking/driving distance to several restaurants, Target, etc. And because of where we stayed, we were not more than a 10-15 minute drive to everything we were in Austin to do. Our room was right next to the elevators and we never heard any noise from the hall. Not even a ding from the elevator arriving/departing. We have stayed in hotels where every step in the hallway was heard in our room. The bed was extremely comfortable with the bathroom being perfect for us. Especially with a separate vanity area outside of the bathroom. The breakfast in the morning was well worth the cost and was delicious. The waitstaff in the restaurant were extremely polite and sweet and attentive. With my two little monsters, they never once got annoyed and were wonderful to all of us. The parking situation was perfect with a nice sized parking lot and it was off of the feeder so it was semi-private which made us feel like our car was that much safer. It was also really great that the housekeeping came in and restocked everything but were nice enough to not move any of our belongings. I know that housekeeping is just trying to do their job when they move your stuff to make beds, organize a vanity, etc. But it's nice to know that where I left my stuff is exactly where it'll be when I arrive back that evening. I don't need them to clean my mess while I'm still staying there, and they didn't try. Granted, I did make sure to clear the bed off so that they didn't have to deal with it. The kids pull out couch was comfortable and they slept very well and shared easily. They had plenty of space to move around and never touch each other. Even with cushions off of the couch and the small coffee table moved, there was still plenty of room to walk around and play. All of the furniture fit well inside of the space.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amanda M
Thank you for your comment! Although I woud love to take credit for 8th floor bay windows and a view of the city skyline I believe the property you are referring to is Courtyard Downtown! I have forwarded your info to their Mgmt team and thank you for choosing Courtyard Marriott for your family's trip to Austin, HOOK 'EM!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Positives:
Hotel in a good location, room clean, check-in and check-out smooth. Given a coupon for 1 free starbucks coffee upon check-in [there were 2 persons in our party].
Negatives I experienced:
Staff rarely at the front desk and they had to be "summoned" to the front desk to assist. Bed uncomfortable-too soft. When brought up to staff we had a concern we were "taught" how this concern was really our fault because the hotel had "gone green" and we needed to "ask" for items as they are no longer routinely offered. When I told the staff I did make a request the conversation ended. It felt like there was a management change since Nov. 2011 or maybe it's just a policy change? Either way our next stay in Austin [5 days in October 2012] will not be at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ceilokla
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave us a comment on TripAdvisor! Would you mind contacting me at the hotel directly for more details about this issue? I have been the GM for almost 3 years here and devote the energy and resources of our team to providing stellar customer service. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to resolve this issue personally.
Crystal Porter
GM
Denison, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Right from check in I felt like I was extremely welcome. Very accomodating even though I had gotten a special deal on a social site. Clean and comfortable room; nice little bistro, and lots of smiling staff.

1 Thank Clifton L
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave us a comment on TripAdvisor! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting Austin and hope to see you back again soon,
Crystal & Team Courtyard Austin NW
Keller, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Very nice lobby with Bistro where you can eat in the hotel and buy drinks (alcohol and non-alcohol). Very modern look with bright colors. The room was nice but our a/c in room 205 was hot. I turned it down to 67 degrees and it still was hot. Hopefully, if you stay they will have this issue resolved. Convenient to downtown Austin and Lake Travis.

1 Thank apitman
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Austin and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the new Bistro! We apologize for the temprature of your guest room and hope that you will give us another chance. I would be happy to take care of your reservation personally,
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stay at this hotel every time I am in Austin. The staff is super friendly, the rooms are clean, and it's in a great location! The lobby was completely renovated recently and it's beautifully designed. Did I mention they serve Starbucks??

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony in the back of the building. Beautiful view!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dezls81
Thank you so much for you staying with and celebrating our team! We value the opinions of guests like you and hope to see you back again soon-