Courtyard Austin South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$99
$169
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$125
$169
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

$136
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

$179
$165
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

$172
$159
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

$178
$170
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$89
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$119
$113
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskbistro stafftypical courtyardcourtyard marriottroom was cleannice stayservice roadup to dateclose to downtownfrontage roadbuffet breakfastbusiness travelerbusiness staydesk staffindoor poolconvenient locationeasy access
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I booked 4 rooms for myself, our company president, and two others and got in after a late dinner to find they oversold and gave away our rooms. When I asked how they tried to contact me, she gave me a # I had removed from my profile awhile back. No email, text or call to my info on file with Marriott. I am a Gold Member and this was quite embarrassing with bosses in town and we were put up at a Comfort Suites nowhere comparable in decency. Mr. Marriott, you may lose me and my company as it solidified my Diamond guarantee with HiltonHonors.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ClemfanTx
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Clemfan,
Thank you for your feedback, I would love to have you stay with us on your next visit to Austin. Feel free to contact me at the hotel on 512-912-1122 where we can provide you and your fellow travelers the world-class service that you desire.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Started off with a friendly, efficient check-in. The room was very clean and comfortable. The sofa provided a nice seating area and there was also a desk and chair. Nice lobby area and indoor pool. Be sure to visit the original Chuy's just a few miles north on 35, exit at Riverside and turn left ... Then merge on Barton Springs ... A few miles down on your right. Lots of fun and historical sights in Austin! PS - the hotel is so easy to find - all I did was call and listen to the easy directions!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

We love Austin too! We are happy to hear we were able to make a good trip even better! We look forward to seeing you all on your next trip to Austin. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience

Reviewed October 22, 2013

About 3 miles south of downtown. Took a cab into town for $10 each way. Hotel very clean and rooms were a good size. Pool area was a nice touch, as well. Above average for a Courtyard by Marriott. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words, Paul P. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Austin. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and kind words with TripAdvisor and your friends and family. Happy Travels!

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the courtyard marriott south Austin at 4533 interstate 35 this weekend. Unfortunately this hotel was the worst Marriott I have ever stayed at. The hotel room smelled like mold and I commented to the hotel staff 3 times. I was told every time that there were no other room options and they could come spray air freshener. I travel for business and have in the past exclusively stayed with Marriott. I can promise I will not stay at this Marriott or Marriott's in Austin again. No discount or apology was offered. If the weekend had not been so hectic we would have switched hotels. A bad room is one thing but horrible service is another. We actually woke up early to get the heck out of that hotel room.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Jason V
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Mr. Ventura,
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry that you did not find the hotel to your expectations. Please feel free to contact me, at the hotel on 512-912-1122 to discuss how we can improve for your next visit and our future guests.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

One of the centre hotels in the line of 5 along I-35 North, and also the only one that stretches along the highway, instead of perpendicular - as such it has the largest parking lot in front of it.

The lobby to the hotel is more modern than other Courtyard's, and was also very welcoming. The staff greeted us, and gave us our package we'd chosen for the "daily pack", which included a free movie, breakfast for 2, a pizza, and popcorn. Just perfect for a couple's night out! For the pizza, we were given the option of a room service pizza, or two from the front restaurant - the better value, we found.

The room was… small. Enough that it there was very limited space in the front entrance, and to close the door you'd have to move your bags all the way into the room. Another issue - the closet is NOT a standard size. A normal hanging suit bag sticks out the door frame, which was a little annoying - I'd prefer to hand items up, and have them out of site. Due to the size, there was limited luggage storage space as well, so we put our bags on the couch and table.

At the same time, it was livable, and had a balcony… which overlooked highway I-35 and was covered in bird crap. I did use it that night though, when a spectacular storm came through Austin - it was a great viewing platform for the lightning!

For the breakfast, our options were limited - apparently the kitchen closes early on Saturdays, but the lady was nice enough to give us a cold meal option as she was closing up. Entirely our fault for not confirming the proper closing time though - and I appreciate the restaurant staff still giving us some food.

There was a discrepancy on the automated movie system where we were double-billed for our free movie, due to the power cutting out during it - so we ended up "re-purchasing" it. Once again, the staff were very friendly and quickly removed it from the bill.

An enjoyable location!

Room Tip: There are no good views - choose an east facing room if you'd like to avoid the I-35 noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Jeff for your comments. We are glad to have a fan of our hotel. The balcony is a great space to relax and enjoy a beverage, relax or watch a storm. Did you know we also offer breakfast items in our market, that can be enjoyed after breakfast hours? This allows you to have even more dining options while at the Courtyard Austin South. We look forward to having you stay with us again.