“Good spot just outside of town”

Courtyard Austin South
Ranked #63 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 22, 2013

About 3 miles south of downtown. Took a cab into town for $10 each way. Hotel very clean and rooms were a good size. Pool area was a nice touch, as well. Above average for a Courtyard by Marriott. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, Paul P. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Austin. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and kind words with TripAdvisor and your friends and family. Happy Travels!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Austin South

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the courtyard marriott south Austin at 4533 interstate 35 this weekend. Unfortunately this hotel was the worst Marriott I have ever stayed at. The hotel room smelled like mold and I commented to the hotel staff 3 times. I was told every time that there were no other room options and they could come spray air freshener. I travel for business and have in the past exclusively stayed with Marriott. I can promise I will not stay at this Marriott or Marriott's in Austin again. No discount or apology was offered. If the weekend had not been so hectic we would have switched hotels. A bad room is one thing but horrible service is another. We actually woke up early to get the heck out of that hotel room.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Jason V
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Mr. Ventura,
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry that you did not find the hotel to your expectations. Please feel free to contact me, at the hotel on 512-912-1122 to discuss how we can improve for your next visit and our future guests.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

One of the centre hotels in the line of 5 along I-35 North, and also the only one that stretches along the highway, instead of perpendicular - as such it has the largest parking lot in front of it.

The lobby to the hotel is more modern than other Courtyard's, and was also very welcoming. The staff greeted us, and gave us our package we'd chosen for the "daily pack", which included a free movie, breakfast for 2, a pizza, and popcorn. Just perfect for a couple's night out! For the pizza, we were given the option of a room service pizza, or two from the front restaurant - the better value, we found.

The room was… small. Enough that it there was very limited space in the front entrance, and to close the door you'd have to move your bags all the way into the room. Another issue - the closet is NOT a standard size. A normal hanging suit bag sticks out the door frame, which was a little annoying - I'd prefer to hand items up, and have them out of site. Due to the size, there was limited luggage storage space as well, so we put our bags on the couch and table.

At the same time, it was livable, and had a balcony… which overlooked highway I-35 and was covered in bird crap. I did use it that night though, when a spectacular storm came through Austin - it was a great viewing platform for the lightning!

For the breakfast, our options were limited - apparently the kitchen closes early on Saturdays, but the lady was nice enough to give us a cold meal option as she was closing up. Entirely our fault for not confirming the proper closing time though - and I appreciate the restaurant staff still giving us some food.

There was a discrepancy on the automated movie system where we were double-billed for our free movie, due to the power cutting out during it - so we ended up "re-purchasing" it. Once again, the staff were very friendly and quickly removed it from the bill.

An enjoyable location!

Room Tip: There are no good views - choose an east facing room if you'd like to avoid the I-35 noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Jeff for your comments. We are glad to have a fan of our hotel. The balcony is a great space to relax and enjoy a beverage, relax or watch a storm. Did you know we also offer breakfast items in our market, that can be enjoyed after breakfast hours? This allows you to have even more dining options while at the Courtyard Austin South. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our offices are near by but this place is off the beaten path aka where all the fun is. However it is clean very good room service and my room location was quite. You will have to drive if you want to sample one of the best things Austin offers, great food.

• Stayed: September 2013

USnTHEM,
Thank you for sharing your excelent experience with us, it truly is appreciated.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for business because I have status with this chain. This is a "typical" Courtyard. I seem to rate them all the same. I am now on a mission to find a nice one. Here are my comments.
1) rooms need upgrading.
2) carpets need upgrading.
3) lobby serves Starbucks coffee and a decent breakfast that you have to pay for.
4) close to airport.

• Stayed: September 2013

Bernylloyd,
Thank you writing a review and recognizing our service. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Austin.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have frequented several of the Marriott properties and this is heads and shoulders above the rest. Diana has always made me feel like I am at home when staying there and continues to do so on every visit. Being a platinum member for over 7 years I have had my share of good and bad experiences with properties. I am proud to say that I have stayed here several times without an issue. Feel confident in your business and/or pleasure travels when booking here.

Room Tip: All rooms are great and a little larger than average.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Roadwarrior 7473.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your opinion and feedback is especially appeciated, as a loyal Marriott reward member and frequent traveler you understand what good custimer service is, and recognizing it in our team is a true compliment.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have stayed at this location numerous times and just like the first it is always a pleasure to stay here. From the always welcoming staff at the front desk to the more than courteous assistant manager Jeremy S.
We like just to get away and when we do Courtyard and Marriott South Austin are where we enjoy staying out.

Room Tip: Corner suite is a must when having guest come by.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Krista C, Director of Sales at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves on staff service and always being courteous to our guests! We appreciate you being a repeat guest of our hotel and look forward to serving you more in the future!