“Overall - Okay”

Crossland Studios - Austin West
Ranked #176 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The room was clean and quiet. The staff was friendly. The location was good and had a restaurant nearby. The stairwells were hidden but protected from the weather. Overall the stay was good for the price.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for Crossland Studios - Austin West

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Staff very helpful and friendly (Rachel and Mitch)
Rooms are deplorable. Urine on toilet, dirt was in between mattress and box spring, friends in different rooms had bite from bugs, would never tough carpet with my feet, and would not allow bag/ clothes to sit on the floor. Please pay a little more and find better accommodations. This is not a hotel!

Room Tip: none if you are looking for cleanliness
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank smyii
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Pathetic Hotel - small and dirty rooms - if you are planning to stay in this hotel please take my advice and dont do it - you will have a far more comfortable stay by sleeping in your car rather than the joke of a bed that they have which will not be enough for a single person

Room Tip: Tip is to not stay in this hotel at all !
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I would never recommend this hotel due to extremely bad experience. Bed bugs and poor housekeeping. Had to clean the floor and get an air freshener cuz the room smelled. Need to upgrade on the TV's and more channels.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a simple review - AVOID THE HORROR at all costs. The hotel is dirty, the rooms are very old, 15" box tv, 3" small foam mattress with crappy pillow. I travel regularly and we took a chance because everything was so booked in Austin and it was a terrible mistake.

Room Tip: There are none unless you like a small 3" foam bed with two crappy pillows.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2014

A co-worker and I had a 3-night stay in Austin. We arrived at 2:30 am, our check-in guy, Dylan was very respectable. The exterior of the building siding looks fresh. We walked in our room and even in the dim lighting we had bugs in our lights, stains on our sheets, walls and floor of bathroom had visible mold, bathroom walls had marks of unquestionable colors and textures. Cook kitchen dishes had rough food stuck to them, the wall near the stove had crime. We did not feel safe walking on the stairwells as characters at all times of the day stand 'watching' you. Save yourself the experience and pay a bit more for another place to rest your head.

Room Tip: The La Quinta is nearby this hotel. It's about 20 bucks more and has breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I booked this room on a last minute decision to go to Austin one day earlier than originally planned. Most rooms in the Austin area were already booked but the Crossland, being about a 20 minute drive from downtown Austin, still had a room available for less than $100 when everywhere else was going for $200+. The hubby and I wanted to try out the Austin iFly and the Crossland happened to be about a couple of miles away. Score! (Not so much)

The property is located in an area that appeared somewhat safe. Although not a new property, it looked fairly kept up. And by the looks of a large pile of old mattresses by the garbage bin, I guessed they were going through some remodeling. There were plenty of restaurant options nearby with a Main Event and the iFly located within a couple of miles.

The front desk was very friendly and efficient at check in but went into detail about the reason for the additional deposit (not unusual when paying with a debit card) and the reasons why I may not get my deposit back, such as "...trashing the place and throwing parties..." The hubby and I aren't in the habit of trashing hotel rooms so I laughed off the young lady's comment. In hindsight, that may have been an indication of this property's usual clientele.

After checking in, we were only in the room long enough to drop off our things and headed right out so we didn't notice the issues with the room right away.

The shower was filthy as if it had not been cleaned in a while with sprinklings of what seemed to be ash or remnants of burned paper pieces. The bathroom floor had noticeable, dried liquid splashes that I choose to believe were merely water spots.

The refrigerator had a foul odor so we refused to put our food in it and I happened to drop my phone by the bed and discovered that there was trash and crumbs left over from previous occupants.

At checkout, I told the young man about the room and he quickly apologized and offered to refund a portion of my fees.

The staff was friendly and the location seemed safe although a bit far from downtown Austin. I wasnt expecting much for the relative price, but I believe that the bare minimum that a property should offer is a clean place to stay for the night. Absent that, it is no more than a dump.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple