“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Studios - Austin West

Crossland Studios - Austin West
Ranked #172 of 195 Hotels in Austin
Tampa, FL
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

While looking for a place just to sleep while visiting Austin, I came across the Crossland Economy Studios. It's a part of the Extended Stay family, so I figured it would be fine. The price was definitely right! I was shocked at the size of the room for the price...especially in Austin! The front desk person was very pleasant and helpful. I checked in very quickly and was in my room ready to sleep within 15 minutes. My only complaint about the property was the smell in the room. My room was supposedly a non-smoking room, but obviously smokers stayed there before me. The entire room smelled of stale cigarettes. I don't really care about those kinds of things, so I showered and went directly to sleep. The next morning I was up and out with the sun. All in all, if I'm in need of an inexpensive place to lay my head in Austin, I will return. If I'm going to be there more than just one night, I'll find somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The staff at Crossland are exceptional. They would be very good if they simply met your needs quickly and efficiently. But they do that while appearing to really enjoy providing excellent service. And this description applies to ALL the staff. Everyone from the front desk to cleaning to maintenance always smile and greet you and they offer to help anytime you could possibly need help, without being overbearing in any way. The facilities are also excellent, considering the price. The motel and grounds are kept clean and in good working order. The rooms are clean and simple, with solidly comfortable beds, a small table and chairs and an mall efficiency kitchen, and a good-sized. clean bathroom. I stayed in a double room and it was quite large compared to other extended-stay type motels that charge significantly more. Cable and free wi-fi are provided. The cable is somewhat limited but it includes many of the standard networks you would expect, including local broadcast stations, CNN, TNT, TBS, USA, etc., and two Showtime stations. Thanks to the friendly, helpful staff and the clean, comfortable room, I had an excellent stay at a very reasonable price. I would heartily recommend Crossland, Austin, West.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the motel. The back faces the back of another motel and feels muc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brandy W, General Manager at Crossland Studios - Austin West, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review about our hotel. I truly appreciate your positive and thoughtful comments regarding the hotel staff.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

First off , the staff is AMAZING ! I absolutely love their customer service. Every single team member is extremely nice, caring and friendly while professional at the same time. As far as the price, u jut can't beat it ! It is very fairly priced and the rooms are well worth what you're paying ! Very nice rooms. The neighborhood is also good so the location is another plus. Shipping centers and plenty of entertainment nearby. Easy access to 183, 620 and the toll road ! I've never stayed this long in a hotel up until now and i must say they have definitely made it feel homey !

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
RDOAustin, Manager at Crossland Studios - Austin West, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the staff and the area! Our job is to provide all guests "with a home away from home" while visiting Austin, and I am glad to hear we did. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

In my humble opinion, its the staff that make this place special. From the front desk, to the maids and maintenance guys, they were all friendly, courteous and always offering to help.

I stayed here one night back before Christmas to check out the place for a longer stay in January. Good Internet, with a comfortable and clean room. Came back in early Jan, staying for one month. Smaller rooms are nice but its only about $5 more a night for the next size up which is worth it and the staff put me on the waiting list to upgrade as soon as one was available (took about a week).

Compared to the several other Extended Stay brand hotels in Austin, this by far the best and with prices at least 1/3rd lower than the other Extended Stays, by far your best choice.

Location is walking distance to several restaurants and a Alamo Drafthouse theater. Neighborhood behind the hotel offers a nice safe place to walk and a small park too.

Room Tip: Stayed in 3 different rooms over two stays. All were good, but the third floor seemed better to me.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
RDOAustin, Manager at Crossland Studios - Austin West, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you felt the staff made Crossland special. The best part of our job is providing all of our guests with a "home away from home" experience, and it sounds like we were able to accomplish that. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My stay was great. The staff is very friendly, and I was continually asked if I needed anything from both the cleaning and maintenance staff whenever they saw me.

I stayed here for a few months. It's a difficult deal to beat for the price. I can't argue with having my sheets and towels washed and changed once a week (daily with daily rates) plus having internet (wireless), cable, electricity, and water all bundled into one bill.

FYI if you stay for a month or longer they will set you up with having your paid taxes returned and you will be exempt from future taxes during your stay.

As far as the location goes you're within walking distance of the Alamo drought house and a Cover 2. Feel free to eat, drink, and be merry.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
RDOAustin, Manager at Crossland Studios - Austin West, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
south texas usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Every other place was either booked or gauging folks... thanks you! Customer service was good and staff was friendly... room was fine... love the refrigerator and kitchen utensils etc..... wi-fi worked well, easy access to the highway... twenty minutes to downtown... very pleased with the stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SouthTexasUsaLinda
RDOAustin, Manager at Crossland Studios - Austin West, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This place is a dump. People are always outside drinking like its a club. The cops are here every other day especially at night. The rooms stink and are outdated. The carpets look like they haven't been steam cleaned since this place opened. The dishes are really old with crud on them. I didn't feel safe here at all. There were dead roaches under the bed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
RDOAustin, Manager at Crossland Studios - Austin West, responded to this review, November 1, 2012

Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.