“Very courteous staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #169 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
“Very courteous staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The staff and customer service at this place was really good. I had interacted with Liz and Vanida and both were very courteous and cared for their guests. I had opted to move to one of their sister concerned properties and they truly helped me out to get there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, Owner at Crossland Studios - Austin West, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I will be sure to pass along your kind words about Liz and Vanida.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Price is around $50 per night.
Old? Yes
Run Down? Yes
Okay the economy took a dive which really hit the hotel/hospitality industry. Not many companies are investing in renovations.....understandable.... however...........
Although you can't clean off old you can clean. Everything in the room was filthy...
Had a black light in the car that I use for automotive purposes. Wife didn't want me to use it - should have listened - room from ceiling to floor - bedspreads - blankets - walls - tv - everything covered in semen and bodily fluid.

The dirt was not from just one filthy person before us - long standing gross filth - housekeepers I'm sure just fly through the rooms to keep their cleaning times down, however nothing gets cleaned.

Studio 6 wasn't much better - stayed here before and it was dirty but this time - ugh.

Don't need new furniture or drapes etc... Just want a clean and comfortable room
This place really misses the mark.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Todd V
, Manager at Crossland Studios - Austin West, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to apologize. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Small room, nasty small bed. The room smells like smoke even though its non smoking. Slow wifi. I dont know how much others paid for this but I was tranferred from extended stay roundrock cause they were overbooked. Staff was ok. But try to avoid this place.

Room Tip: Go there only if they charge like $15/night
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carol L

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards. I take your comments very seriously, so, I have met with our hotel management and staff to prevent such a situation from occurring again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

It was bland and cramped. If you like bland and cramped, you'll love this place, and you'd probably give it 5 stars for what it is. If you like bland, you'd still feel cramped, or cramped/bland, and would probably give it 2.5 stars. I give it two stars because although I hate bland and cramped, there was running water, and I like running water.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
, General Manager at Crossland Studios - Austin West, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. I apologize that you did not enjoy the accommodations. We do provide more spacious rooms than many of our competitors, but I will work with the team to see what we can do to eliminate the "bland" feel. I apologize again, and thank you for your feedback.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Started when I opened the door of a non-smoking room.... the smoke smell was terrible and so strong that seems that someone just smoked inside the room 2 minutes before
Carpet was dirty and stains everywhere... Bed was OK
For the price I believe that's what you will get... Try to avoid this place if you are willing to spend a little more where else.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is what i call clean and comfortable. Nothing fancy here but what is important to me occurred here. Comfortable bed, hot water, decent sized room. Now, it was a "non smoking" room that did smell like smoke a bit. Not enough to bother, but then again, i wasnt expecting anything great. This seems like a place that may do weekly's or monthly's, but did do single night stays also. I didnt experience any noise, but you may depending on how many kids stay here. Definately a stopoff point for travelers.

It was an efficiency suite, so it had dishes, a kitchen sink, table with chairs, double bed. The room was clean, but used. Again, i wasnt expecting the Ritz, so this didnt disappoint me. The rate was 45 a night, perfect for what i needed which was a place to crash when i wasnt tooling around Austin and heading to my favorite bar in the U.S., The Continental Club. Nice folks, and if i head back to Austin i would stay here again no problem.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I was planning to stay in motel, as usual, but in Austin they costs about $80/night, which is a bit too much. I remembered that I've stayed in Extended Stays couple of years ago when I was on business trip and decided to check how is it now... well, it is amazing. for 40 bucks i've got everything i need: clean room, friendly and helpful staff, equipped kitchen and quiet place. It is greatly located to all my friends houses and pretty close to round rock shopping mall. plus it has very bright light on parking lot which is safe, and i was able to work on my motorcycle without any issues even during the night. will stay again 100%.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo