“So good, kept extending our stay!”

Drury Inn & Suites Austin North
Ranked #33 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Delightful hotel with some many extras for the money. Better priced than comparable out there without all the extras (I checked). Staff was great, especially "Wendy" at check in. We were so comfortable with the facility, we kept extending our stay daily, making that our base, staying there 3 days. Comfortable beds, hotel and room immaculate. A big money saver if you take advantage of their hot, fully stocked to the end breakfast, and their 5:30 Kickback food bar, which we did a few times. Great restaurants within walking distance also, which saves on getting out in traffic. Staying here made our trip that just included things we needed to do, feel special.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 8, 2010

We went camping in Bastrop on Friday night and came to Austin Saturday morning. They let us check in at 12p which was surprising. We knew they allowed dogs, but during check in we learn there is no fee or deposit...just fill out a form. The manager is telling us about a happy hour from 5:30p - 7p and asks if we're interested. I said we might go so she hands me two drink tickets for 3 free drinks per adult! The next morning we see their great continental breakfast - not just bagels, but eggs, sausage, waffles, etc.

This place was very close to town, great staff, great rooms. I was very impressed as I didn't expect all the perks. Oh, and it had very fast wireless internet. :)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2010

This hotel, although it says it has been renovated several times, is pretty worn out. The room we booked for three people had two double beds in it. My husband and I spent all night trying not to move. To their credit, they did look to see if they had a suite in their inventory. All they had was smoking suites -which reeked to a non-smoker like me. They did allow us to move the next day when a room became available for a $10 up charge. Best $10 I ever spent. Although the room was still 20 years behind, it did have two queen beds in it and much more room. The breakfast was fine as was the evening food they served. Tons of student teams staying there for a basketball tournament, but the rooms must be pretty soundproof.

My recommmendation - choose a suite and pay the extra $10. You will be glad you did!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Alright, first the good things, the free breakfast was nice as were the free local newspapers on Friday and Saturday (though there was no free Sunday paper.

Now the issues, on the Friday night when I got in, there were high school students in the hallway all evening on my floor. They apparently were staying there for a crosscountry meet. I felt like maybe I was staying at a dorm or something, everynight I went out in the hallway, I had to skirt my way through about 20 high school students hanging out and sitting on the floor standing around. I really think this sort of thing presents an unprofessional scene for adult guests of the hotel and should not be tolerated by hotel management.

The other issue and this was a major one, Friday night after 2 AM there was loud partylike yelling by several teen girls (I think) in the room next door. Unbelievably, the next night at 3 or 4 AM the same thing happened again. Loud shrieking and yelling, party-behavior by a group of teens. I had good earplugs in and they WOKE me up both nights! They were really loud and again it happened both nights! I called the front desk on Saturday night and said they would send someone up to check it out, I don't know if they did or not. I really think Drury should be a little bit more discriminating at who it gives rooms too and keep out these teen party groups. This seriously marred my stay. And again, it wasn't just a one-time thing. I think the management and staffing is not up to par at this hotel based on my experiences.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2009

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. It is our goal for each guest to enjoy a relaxing stay and a good night's sleep while at our hotel and we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent visit. When we do have the occasional group in-house, they are required to sign contracts regarding behavior and curfews. We rely on our security, as well as the group chaperones to enforce these contracts, but we do have managers on call 24/7 in the event any issues are not addressed adequately. Your comments have been forwarded to hotel management to share with the team so we can work to make improvements. Again, we appreciate all feedback from our guests, as it helps us to get better every day to provide the best service and experience for our guests.

Reviewed September 7, 2009

Clean, comfortable rooms and friendly, attentive staff. Not swanky, but good. Close to good restaurants, and not too far from the Univ. of Texas, Capitol. etc. Recently renovated room decor, flat screen TVs, nice. Convenient access to I-35, but no traffic noise.

Caution:Rooms will cost more on UT game weekends.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Clean, well maintained and spacious rooms with great extras that do not cost extra! Entering the parking lot requires the use of a room key so outsiders cannot drive through or hang out in that area. I felt safe parking our car there overnight. Pool and fitness center are nice and the pool has a privacy fence. Another bonus: one free adult drink per adult from 5:30 until 7pm and free sodas and hot popcorn from 3-10pm in the lobby! Breakfast is eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, belgian waffles, Yoplait yogurt, fruit, cereal, bagels, toast, french toast, donuts and several juices, milk or coffee! Located right next door to Fuddruckers, Chili's, and Pappsitos and a Target store just a bit south of the hotel. Loved our stay there!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2009

You can't get more for your dollar than this place. The rooms are spacious (far more spacious than the luxury hotels downtown), and the amenities are well appointed and all free of charge. I have stayed in both the suites and the regular rooms. Both are bargains at the regular price ($119 and $139, respectively). Both regular rooms and suites have 36 inch flat screen tvs, comfy beds, coffee makers and all the usual things you expect in a hotel room. The suite has a 36 inch flat screen in both the bedroom and the separate living room, plus a refrigerator and microwave.

There are little outdated touches here and there, but the things you actually touch and feel are updated (marble counters, better-than-usual electronics, fast (free) internet, free breakfast bar, etc.). This hotel even has a self-service laundry room in case you need to do a quick wash (as I did on one trip). You can catch terrific deals on rooms at this hotel on sites such as priceline and expedia. I know I got a room one night for under $90. I don't think you could match the quality per dollar you spend anywhere else in Austin.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business