“Teens GIVE IT A 10!!!”

Drury Inn & Suites Austin North
Ranked #35 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed May 27, 2006

At check in the attendant was not very friendly, I had been quoted a different price by the 1-800 number and when I got there it was a bit higher price. This is a great great hotel, the rooms are excellent the pillows a little hard, but the rooms are VERY clean. The breakfast was GREAT I have 2 teen boys both weigh over 250 they gave the breakfast a BIG 10!!!! ALL in ALL it was a great stay!! We will be back~

• Stayed: May 2006
8  Thank tarms

Reviewed April 15, 2006

We just got back from a week-long spring break vacation in Texas. We stayed at four different hotels, all different chains, and liked the Drury Inn in Austin best. It is very kid-friendly, though there is a range of clientele there (business, families). The breakfast menu is extensive (although the staff person immediately starts putting everything away at the stroke of 9:30); the happy hour spread is, as noted by others, really a full dinner, esp for kids with baked potatoes, chicken, meatballs, tossed salad, etc. Having stayed at a Courtyard in San Antonio where none of this was included (and where dinner isn't served at all), we really appreciated the convenience and cost effectiveness. The pool looked nice, though we didn't have time to go. It is right off the highway but it appeared that the rooms were sound-proofed; we had a big window but there was zero noise. If you avoid the rush hour traffic, it was less than a 10 minute drive to the LBJ library, downtown, etc. We weren't familiar with this chain, but decided to try it based on tripadvisor reviews and we were favorably impressed!

• Stayed: April 2006
12  Thank M&CMother
Reviewed December 25, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites North in Austin, TX and we were very pleased with the hotel, the ammenities and the staff. The breakfast was great and the afternoon happy hour was even better. This hotel is a great value, especially for a family with children. The suites were large enough and the afternnon snacks were great(pizza, hot dogs, nachos, chicken wings, baked potatoes and popcorn). Everynight they had something different. The hotel has many restaurants close by: Pappasitos, Chilis, Papadeux, Carabbas. Even though the hotel is next to I-35 our room was very quiet. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We had a good experience and would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
13  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed November 17, 2005

We stayed at this hotel after we stayed at the Drury Inn on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. This hotel was Ok but not as clean. The rooms were shop worn.The single elevator was extremely slow and should have been reinspected by Oct. 26, 2005. There were about 5 copies of USA in the morning to be shared by 200 people- very insufficient. The breakfast offerings were good, and the offerings at the manager's reception were better than those in San Antonio- fresh chips, salsa, and cheese dip. Again the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: November 2005
10  Thank Proviso
A TripAdvisor Member
Mohave, Arizona
Reviewed September 7, 2005

I stayed here for business, since it was near the Doubletree Inn, which was where the conference I was attending was hosted at. I decided to stay here instead of the Doubletree because it was less expensive and the reviews on the hotel were better.
When I called the hotel, I asked how close the Doubletree was to the Drury since I would have to walk to the Doubletree and was told that they 'shared a parking lot'. When I arrived at the Drury Inn, I discovered that the Doubletree is down the street about half a mile and they do not share a parking lot. To walk to the Doubletree, I had to walk down a sidewalk that was on the edge of the freeway's frontage road.
The hotel itself is clean and taken care of. However when I stayed there were several families with noisy children running all over the hotel. My room was quiet, away from the families, so when I did return from my conference each evening, I was able to have a quiet, relaxing stay.
The room was clean and large. The only problem I had with the room was that the bathtub drain did not work, even after they had hotel maintenance come up to fix it. The hotel refunded me one night's stay because of the inconvience, but because I had to walk back and forth further than I was prepared for, I wasn't able to use the tub which I needed.
The housekeeper was very polite and did a very good job.
The breakfast buffet and the 'snack' (really a full dinner) buffet were very good, but as another reviewer said, the waffles were a big problem with the guests who wanted them. Both of the days I stayed there, guests had problems making waffles because there was no no-stick spray for the waffle iron.

Overall, my stay was fine, but it was definitely marred by the problem with the bathtub drain. If I had another event at the Doubletree, I would elect to stay there next time. However, if I were staying in Austin for leisure, I'd probably stay at the Drury again, provided the tub drain worked.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2005

This hotel seems to be trying very hard, with an extensive happy hour spread, lots of breakfast choices, and free long distance phone service. Our room was clean and comfortable. A couple of minor complaints: The Internet service was spotty. Also, for some reason the staff seemed to be hoarding the nonstick spray for the waffle iron. They would come by and spray it periodically and then remove the spray, so that guests' waffles were often a stuck-on mess. Overall, though, this is a nice motel.

• Stayed: July 2005
8  Thank ILoveTexas
Reviewed July 22, 2005

We have stayed at several Drurys and have come to enjoy the perks that come with it. The North Austin Drury is well situated for easy on/off highway. Close to all the attractions we chose to go to (the bat viewing, the capital and museums). We have two children (age 4 and 8) that always check out the pool and were pleased. Our biggest compliments are in regards to the free breakfast (waffles, sausage, biscuits....the list is endless) and to the complimentary evening "snack" hours of 5:30pm to 7:00pm. The first evening they served meatballs, chicken strips, popcorn and nachos and the second evening was hotdogs /chips/ popcorn. We were amazed at the variety of the snacks and noticed that many people even seemed to treat it like a meal......hmmmm .....maybe a way to save a little money for a family? Anyway, the rooms (we were in a king suite) were nice, well taken care of. Parking was good, Service from everyone we encountered was good. We recommend this hotel for all families.

7  Thank Fullogratitude