Drury Inn & Suites Austin North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
American Inn(Austin)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree alcoholic drinkshappy hourgreat hot breakfastevening snacksfree dinneroatmealroom keybreakfast and dinneraustin northlove stayingtwo queen bedsfirst floorbathroom doorsan antoniowould stay here againoutdoor poolminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2014

A very good stay. I had reservations, so check in was very easy...I was at the desk for only a minute. The desk personnel were professional and proficient. The room was a comfortable size and was very clean...there wasn't even a dust ring around the edge of the walls...nice! A microwave, frig, and a coffee machine was included (it was extra nice to not have the coffee machine located in the bathroom). Wifi was free and worked well the entire time and there were plenty of AC outlets available to charge electronic devices. The TV was a good size and was a newer HD flat panel model. It operated just fine the entire time as did the remote. There was a recliner (very comfortable) and a work desk. The bed was a little too hard for me, so I didn't sleep very well. The rooms were fairly quiet, I did have some upstairs neighbors with a heavy step, but they quieted down after 9 PM or so.

A very nice breakfast buffet was available...juice, milk, coffee, yogurt, bagels, bread, muffins, eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereal, oatmeal, waffles, and probably a couple of other items I've since forgotten. An evening snack type meal was available, too. It usually had salad, soft drinks, hot dogs, spaghetti and meatballs, and more. Two free alcoholic beverages were available to guests 21 and over. The meal bar attendants were very nice and kept the food area clean and well stocked.

There was a workout room and a pool, but I didn't use either one.

Pets are allowed and the hotel has now implemented a $10 a day fee.

I probably would've given the inn a "5" rating if the bed wouldn't have been so hard.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Casey R
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We always stay at Drury Inns and we had just arrived from the Drury at San Antonia which I had rated as the best one we had ever stopped at.
There was a couple of problems with this Drury, the card keys sometimes did not work and you had to push them in the outside door several times for them to work, we also had to have a new iron. The staff were friendly and the beds were very comfortable.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David R
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. The facility was well maintained and clean. The rooms were fine but the shower lever leaked. The food at dinner and breakfast was well prepared and generous. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. A good visit.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank roxiekay
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We did not know that SXSW Festival existed in life let alone on at the very time we wanted to visit Austin. We could not find anywhere to stay in the area we wanted to be but Drury Inn. It was expensive for the quality but we were happy to find it. There was a bug in my bed. The personal was extremely concerned and appropriate about how they responded (it was not a bed bug!) which I appreciated but I would have liked more not to have the bug at all. The property is not really run down but decorated in a very dated, dark manner. I would not stay there again. It needs to be refurbished or if not then the price should be lowered significantly to match the quality of the property.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lawflake
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Love this Hotel. Free food and drinks from 530 to 7. And yes, adult beverages too. Free hot breakfast in the mornings too.
I have stayed here many times and am never disappointed. If you have never stayed in a Drury Hotel you should.

Room Tip: Upper Floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo