“clean yes, but.....”

Ranked #42 of 199 Hotels in Austin
milwaukee
“clean yes, but.....”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Clean, yes but very outdated. We called it the "Roy Rogers" suite. Comforter circa 1950 . Paper thin salvation army quality towels. Minute bathroom. No kleenex. Air system that would not turn off and blew cold air continuously from a vent overhead all night long. When I called the desk for more blankets , they said they had only one. I slept with a winter cap on my head to dodge the cold air vent, a sweatshirt, socks. On the surface the room looked fine. Definitely a no frills place. Very difficult to get around if you have no car. Constant whizzing of cars on frontage road and freeway. Definitely NOT a pedestrian friendly place. We checked out the next day and moved to the Orange suites down the street. 2 story condo with full kitchen 2 bedrooms , lv rm 2 bath for 100 a night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Austin North, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy that you found the hotel to be clean, that is a primary goal for us. I do apologize for the fact that you were cold, I am sure that made for a long night. We do have a system that circulates fresh air into the rooms, but it is set on a timer, so it should never blow constantly. We will certainly look into that. I am always disappointed when a guest leaves our hotel less than 100% satisfied. We strive to provide clean, comfortable, conveniently located hotels at a moderate price. While the rooms could be considered "no frills", we look to provide a great value for the dollar by including many free extras, like hot breakfast, our "5:30 Kickback" with cold drinks and hot snacks as well as free local and long distance calls. Thank you so much for your feedback, it is very much appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The rooms in this place are less than impressive. Pretty small with the smallest hotel bathroom I've ever seen. THAT BEING SAID, the room was clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable, and the extra amenities made this hotel one that we will visit again. Free hot breakfast, free evening drinks and "snacks" (we enjoyed baked potatoes, chicken strips, nachos, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, beer, wine, mixed drinks, and sodas), free parking, great location. This is the perfect place to stay if you really don't care much about the room itself. We were only in the room to sleep and spent the rest of our time around Austin. We got this room on Hotwire. Totally worth it!

• Stayed April 2012
smwpoole
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We love the Drury and usually look for one of these hotels wherever we go. They have a great hot breakfast and the 5:30 kickstart is great. Rooms are comfy and clean!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
usa
Reviewed March 21, 2012

So this is your typical by-the-highway, upscale-ish budget property. It was clean, the suites were definitely big and the beds were comfortable. I was surprised by how thick the walls are - no bleed. The thing about this place is that the people who work here are tops. Always a smile, no stress, an Four Seasons attitude. They managed to deal with a motley crew of SXSW attendees with no problems. The japanese restaurant next door was surprisingly good!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Austin North, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind remarks about our hotel! We are always appreciative of feedback, and personally, I am thrilled when our team gets recognition for their efforts. They all work hard, but have fun doing it, and I am glad it shows! We look forward to seeing you again, either in Austin or at one of our other 130+ Drury Hotels. Thanks again!
Bourges, France
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I read the positive recent reviews and stayed at the Drury when I had to spend the night in Austin for business. The hotel attracts too many teenage sports teams. As a result, the elevator floor was wet, the hotel appeared really old and worn and everything smelled musty. I couldn't hang my suit in the wardrobe because it smelled so much I was afraid the smell would attach itself to my suit. The staff was very nice. The food served was ok. Had a baked potato for dinner because everything else was fatty. What was really awful was that everyone else who stayed at the conference hotel (the Doubletree down the street) paid the same rate I did and they had a far superior hotel. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and far away from the atrium. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the Drury Inn & Suites in Austin. I do apologize for the high school teams staying at the hotel. The energy level was definitely high, as they were here to compete in state finals, an exciting event for them. As for the hotel, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in this case. As a company, we are constantly looking at ways to keep our product up to date and fresh and we appreciate your feedback in this area. I am very happy to hear that the staff took good care of you, and that you were able to partake in our free 5:30 Kickback. We continue to test new items for our nightly Kickback, and we do our best to accommodate as many "tastes" as possible. Thanks for providing your feedback, we do appreciate it!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stay at this property whenever we cannot get rooms in downtown Austin. This property is in a great location next to Pappasito's and Chili's. It is only 10-12 minute drive away from sixth street.. This property also has a nice happy hour every evening.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Hotel staff is very professional, rooms were clean, and the food services were right on!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business