WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #131 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“Eh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

My company uses this hotel chain for our business travel and this is not like other Extended Stay Americas that I have stayed at. I was here for 2 nights. Everything is unorganized and most of the staff seems to not know what they are doing. The room was clean but it was quite noisy. I called down to the front desk to ask a question and nobody answered for hours. When I went downstairs, I asked for an extra blanket and the guy at the desk said they were out to come back later. Also they ran out of coffee during breakfast. I understand that things happen, but it seemed like every time I had a question people were confused and/or lazy. I am going to request not to stay at this location when I travel to Austin from now on. I would like to note that Meagan (sp?), the girl who checked me in was very polite.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your comments in regards to Megan's service are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that we failed to provide you with the best possible customer service overall. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be working on correcting this issue immediately to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at arb @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I booked at the sister property on Gracy Farms Road for a July visit. When I tried to check in there, I was told that a baseball team was there the night previous and somehow "destroyed" some rooms - and apparently my room was one of those. I'm not sure I bought that excuse since I had a good rate from Hotwire and I think they were more concerned about maximizing revenue but...Seeing some of the reviews for that property, I guess I was OK with being moved to this hotel but it was an inconvenience that the girl at the front desk of the Gracy Farms property seemed unconcerned with.

At this hotel, I had to wait a considerable time while a woman in front of me badgered the clerk about something and then he had to take a phone call that dragged forever. When I finally was able to check in, he was pleasant and quick. The lobby looks like it's been freshly renovated but once you step into the elevator, you know that the new paint has not been extended beyond the lobby. The room was fairly tired and dated looking. The photos online make it appear to be much nicer than it really is, but the room was clean. As noted by other posters, there are pretty much no bath amenities other than soap. Make sure to bring your own shampoo and whatever else you may need.

Since this is an extended stay, housekeeping is only scheduled every three days. If you can manage not to junk up all your towels on the first day, it's not a bad value. I had no problems with wifi but my hubby did so our experience was mixed on that. We did not get up early enough to investigate breakfast but with the Arboretum and the Domain within 5 minutes, you have plenty of dining options.

The location right off MoPac is pretty convenient and our view actually had some trees. Overall, it was a good value for a few nights, especially at the good rate I was able to get.

Room Tip: Ask for one that faces away from MoPac. There's a lot of noise from the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Your comments in regards to the cleanliness of your room are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that our housekeeping policy was not communicated to you at check-in. Please know, housekeeping is offered to guests staying longer than seven days; however, linens can be exchanged at any time at the front desk.

I am happy to announce we will be undergoing a renovation this year. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at arb@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

They didn't want to honor their own discount, tried to charge us an extra day plus they don't have enough towels. I booked a room for 2 but only got towels for 1 when I asked for more and washcloths the gave me a dish towel. Our toilet didn't want to flush we kept taking lid off tank to fix ourselves sooo disappointed in this hotel. Not all are bad the one on Bay Area Blvd in Clear Lake Houston is great!! Sorry Arboretum you need to step it up

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that there were maintenance issues in your room. I am going to meet with the staff to review providing timely service in addressing maintenance issues. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. The discount has been honored, I have also met with the staff to go over the correct way to redeem all coupons in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at arb@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed one night for business. Not somewhere I would rush back to. I recognize that I'm not the target market seeing how I only stayed one night. It all felt "done on the cheap" - an example is my room had no shampoo. I went down to check the "amenities basket" (as they apparently have a small basket at the checkin desk of items they don't stock in the rooms) but didn't find shampoo. I asked the clerk, and his hesitant response was "oh, I don't think our shipment has come in." I read that to mean that they don't stock shampoo and he was either too embarrassed to tell me that, or it was a rehearsed answer.

On the positive side, I found the bed to be surprisingly very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Victoria, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great location. Friendly staff. The room is nothing fancy, but it was a good deal and worked well for our last minute travel plans. Was a little disappointed that the bathroom only had a shower and not a tub, and the grab and go breakfast only had coffee available as a drink option. Would have liked bottled water or even juice. Plenty of shops and restaurants in the area, some even within walking distance. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: vending machines are in the key-locked laundry room - so don't forget your room key :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cLaza13
Noida, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was here for 3 months wifi you have to fight for a room with good internet connectivity.
Its next to I-35 so connectivity is good.
Rooms on ground floor are good but one on 2nd and 3rd floor are really impossible.
There will be smoke in air all time a great problem for a non-smoker like me.
Target is nearby for food you won't have many options nearby, well there are some sandwich restaurants nearby and Burger King, but for rest you need to cross I-35.
Its a bit costly as IT companies are nearby so they get bookings from there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am glad that you liked our hotel's location; however, I apologize that our WiFi was hard to connect to and there was a smoke odor in the hallways. To ensure that our free WiFi does not cause issues for guests in the future, my team is going to look into the possible cause for the interruption and repair it as soon as possible. As well, our maintenance staff has been working to eliminate the odor.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at gmartin@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Not too bad of a room! We upgraded to a king when we got here but we had to pay $10. Not bad for what we paid on Priceline- $38. No pool but If you want to swim you can drive to one of their sister Hotels and show them your room key and they will let you swim.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such a nice review about your recent experience. I truly appreciate your comments and I am glad to hear that my staff assisted you in finding a pool. If we cannot assist you directly we always try to find alternatives that will meet our guests needs. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.