New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #131 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Canton, Michigan
“Clean, friendly, accessable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've stayed at this property several times. The staff is quite friendly and helpful. Lisa, Crystal and Donna were all delightful. The rooms are adequate, with nice flat-panel tv's, comfortable bed and fully equipped kitchen. It is close to Whole Foods grocery, Sams Club, Target, HEB grocers, Great Harvest Bread Company and Einsteins Bagels among others. An enormous amount of shopping areas nearby, and still like an oasis.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Walter L
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stay at this hotel alot... The pictures are not up to date... They have upgraded the rooms... New blankets diffrent pattern, flat screen tvs new lap shades... The hotel is clean and the staff is accomadating... There is no gym or pool but you do have access to go to there sister hotel and use there gym and pool... The hotel is located off of 360 which is easy to find if you know the area but gps will lead you to a diffrent location about 5 miles away... I love this hotel. I stay here about 2 weeks out of the month... The rooms have a small kitchen with the main dishware you will need along with a couple pots and silverware. I was shocked that even the smoking rooms don't smell bad like normal smoking rooms. I am not a smoker so smoke smell bugs me...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay! I'm so pleased to hear that you found your stay enjoyable as we try to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next stay!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I travel a lot from state to another and this is the first place i feel uncomfortable maybe because i use to be in a very good suites , i stay most of the time more than 45 days every time , but this time it will be one week , first my room was not that bad but i hate there is no dishwasher , 2- the dishes they supply was not good at all , old and the knife broke 3- you have to pay 2$ if u want wash your clothes and 2$ if you want to use the dryer!!! 4- there is no breakfast !! to me raise the price but get it right. 5- internet connection was ok not v.good , i have a car so i do not care much about location 6- the water was not enough at the shower 7- i can hear the people top of me walking and also i can hear every time they flash the toilet or use the shower ,I just want to share my experience

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, we are addressing the issues you mentioned to make the stay more comfortable for future guests at our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at arb@extendedstay.com. I do hope you return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotel and give us another chance to provide you with a better experience.
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had a great experience here. The front desk was as friendly as can be, especially the young lady with glasses. They gave me a little goody bag, which I thought was the nicest thing considering I was only staying a night at a great rate. I will definitely be back except for much longer next time, I loved the hotel, staff, and location!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Staff is helpful and friendly. Overall economical great place,especially with small kitchen. Only complaint is limited movie channels on TV, and channels that play same movie every night. Not lot of extras like a pool, but laundry and services such as mail acceptance is helpful on the road.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Austin - Arboretum. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Donna and Lisa are very good staff and they take very good care of me all the time very welcoming makes me feel comfortable as much as possible not rude very nice I really like the area it's very upscale no bad area very high class I can get up and go outside and take a walk with out it being a problem are any one saying anything to me.

WC

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

The short and sweet of it is, this is a great place to stay. The staff are all friendly, and nice. The rooms are large, and comfortably furnished. And the neighborhood is safe.

I haven't had a bit of problems staying here. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.