“Great Customer Service”

La Quinta Inn Austin North
Ranked #104 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have used this facility's meeting space several times and the staff is always helpful. On a recent visit, there was a mixup with the room reservation, resulting in a double-booking. A new employee, Biviana, was staffing the front desk. She kept her cool and managed to keep both parties calm. She did everything possible to keep us both comfortable while waiting for the manager to arrive. The manager, Raj, found a very satisfactory arrangement for both parties. I was very impressed and have booked five more meetings at this facility.

1  Thank Esther D

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great room and bathroom. Great Happy Hour and Breakfast. Close to shopping and the University. Pleasant and very helpful staff. Quiet rooms without hearing neighbors. Business center, fitness room, and pool very clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Marci M
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This LaQUINTA was a great surprise and great value for the price. It was very clean and the service was excellent. It was easy to access and the Breakfast, Happy Hour, and Dinner was very nice. The location was close to I35 and 183 which made it minutes from the Capitol and the Airport. I will more than likely stay at this hotel when I am by myself on business in Austin as I plan on spending more time there visiting customers.

1  Thank Latravious B
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We arrived in town a day earlier than planned and our reservations at a different hotel were for the next day and they only had a smoking room available for our early arrival. We opted to try the La Quinta, which I was told is a smoke-free hotel (I did not notice anyone smoking while we were there). We booked for the one night. After checking out our room, we decided to cancel with the other hotel for the next night and stay at La Quinta for two nights. The room was very nice, the breakfast bar was fairly normal.

Room Tip: There is a sign on the front lobby doors warning the customers to lock their cars, take their keys...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I checked in on a Sunday evening. The young lady at the counter was very abrupt and not friendly. She said where the elevator was and that the internet was free. I went to my room to find someone was smoking pot on my floor. When I went back by the desk, I told her about it. She didn't understand what I was saying and had answered me with, "well, someone might have smoked in the room before." and that was it. No apology.

The next day I spoke with the GM. He cut me off with I know about the pot. I will be calling the cops because I don't know who is doing it yet. They said they would be able to find the person and we are evicting them. Then he brushed me off. I had more to tell him.

Later that night, the person smoking the pot had smoked so much it got into my room. I started coughing so hard! I called the front desk. The GM answered. They addressed the problem. I was happy about that. The following night, housekeeping didn't take my trash when they cleaned my room. They tossed my stuffed animal off my bed and into the chair and left it. That isn't a HUGE deal, just annoying. I took my trash down and the girl from my first night was at the desk again. She was upset because I asked her to take care of my trash. She went to the breakfast area and was complaining about me to the person who was cleaning up. She didn't realize I was behind her. I wanted to go to the pool. I was about to ask how to get out to the pool when she was talking this garbage about me! I was so upset, I went to my room.

This is just the start of my problems at this hotel. I am not upset about the pot. I am not overly bugged about the housekeeping downfall. I am livid about how I was treated by the staff.

I went back the next week. I ended up checking out early because my bed had hair and blood on it and I was tired of feeling like I was inconveniencing them.

I find out I was charged a no show as well as they front desk didn't make sure my loyalty number was on file. I was assured by the GM upon check in that my number IS on file. I was also assured the GNS would be taken cared of. The travel dept of my company has been trying to call the hotel and getting no answer or return calls due to the fact they are trying to send that bill to be paid

I filled out the survey and received a message to call the GM. I haven't been able to call but I sent the info to travel. They tried to get in contact with the GM and again no answer or return calls. I have sent an email to corporate because the no show needs to be resolved. I was checked in and I had only one reservation.

And the breakfast was abysmal. I usually grab a muffin and a banana to go with me. The muffins were all smooshed to where they were almost inedible. And my last day, there were only oranges in the fruit bowl.

I am quite disappointed by my stay. I know I will never stay at this hotel again if I have any influence.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor.
3  Thank dawnarae
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went Austin with friends to spend the weekend, and arrived the hotel pretty late. One room is full of smoke odor, so I called the front desk and she told me, " I see, thank you";
another room is right next to the elevator, quite loud.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2014

this was much nicer than I was expecting. nice room, nice large bathroom, great breakfast bar, soft cushy carpet. very nice experience and I would definitely stay there again. good value for the price. super easy access from the highway.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo