Quality Inn & Suites Austin Airport
$229
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$145
$219
$224
$178
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$98
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
W Austin(Austin)
$329
$249
  • Restaurant
All reviewshotel close to the airportac worked wellcheap hoteldecent breakfastafter midnightthird flooroff the highwayhotel stayshuttle servicedesk clerkcerealconvenience
Reviewed August 24, 2007

I loved all aspects of it. Away from city. I saw "Friday Night Lights" shooting happening at this hotel..

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Puris_Hilten
Reviewed August 16, 2007

I stayed at the Best Western near the Austin Bergstorm Airport for four nights recently. This was a fabulous place with superb amenities and great staff. The rooms were clean and tidy. The service at the front desk and from other staff was extremely courteous and prompt. The breakfast was excellent.

I was a little skeptical about the location, being close to the airport. However, I was surprised at how quiet the surroundings were and I did not get one bit disturbed by the outside.

Full marks to the management and staff at this motel. I wish there were more of them around the country!

About the small gripe I might have is that breakfast on weekends could be extended to 10:30 instead of 10:00 as is the case at many motels I have been to across the country.

Ronnie Britto, Tennessee

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Tressy_7
Reviewed February 20, 2007

The hotel is very close to the airport when exiting on 71 East. We arrived at 1:00 a.m., exhausted, and happy to find our hotel so close. We stayed in Room #304 and had a view of a mobile home park. One portion of the park had several empty, dilapidated trailers. If traveling on 71 West, there are a few restaurants and two parking areas for airport.

I am unsure of the neighborhood, as there were "10 Traveler Safety Tips From McGruff" on the bed. All rooms had two sets of peep holes. The hallway lighting was unusually bright but was only lightly visible from under the doorway crack.

The room had a decent sized refrigerator (approximately 3 ft. x 2 feet) with ironing board, small table and chair, and coffee maker. Furniture is inexpensive and basic – no frills – but functional. There is also a nice sized area for clothing with a metal rod. The heating/air conditioning unit is over the curtains and when the black out drapes are drawn, the drapes “balloon” out from the air blowing underneath it. However, hotel room was clean.

Because the hotel is near Highway71, you can hear the traffic. Also, the sounds of aircraft taking off from the airport can be clearly heard. Lastly, the sound of running tub water can be heard from the rooms of neighboring hotel guests. Hearing these noises may be undesirable for those sensitive to sound.

Internet is free, but an Ethernet cable must be obtained from the front desk with a deposit fee. The continental breakfast is available 6 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Monday – Friday, and 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m., Saturday – Sunday. We did not eat at the hotel but noted that the eating area is large and separated from the main lobby. There is a nice array of vending machines in the main lobby next to the reception desk for drinks and snacks.

The Best Western Airport offers basic amenities at an affordable cost. For those seeking higher quality accommodations onsite at the airport, I noted a very new looking Hilton (it looks round in shape from the freeway). I believe the hotel is a good value for the price. Hotel staff is very helpful and accommodating. The hotel is sufficient for those on a budget or for a brief stay (we paid $74.00 including tax for three people under AAA Discount).

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank VegasBling
Reviewed October 20, 2006

We stayed here for a soccer tournament over labor day. They overcharged us for all 30 rooms we booked. They kept no records of which rooms belonged to who, and couldn't tell who checked out and who hadn't. They charged me twice, for a total of five nights, even though I only stayed 2. The second charge was initiated after I checked out. The desk people have no manners or intelligence. The rooms were disgusting, smelled of smoke, the window locks were broken. The hotel is in an unsafe area, there are no restaurants nearby. When I called to inquire about the 2nd room charge, I overheard hotel guests arguing with the clerk about the conditions of the rooms, and they told them they could leave if they wanted, but they would still be charged.
This place does a great disservice to the Best Western chain, which usually has good hotels. I would prefer to sleep in my car vs. staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2006
1  Thank soccertx
Reviewed October 8, 2006

We had to stay at the Austin overnight airport unexpectedly. We called several airport hotels, but all were full except for this one. That should have been a warning for us. Then again, we were out of choices. Our experience began with the hotle shuttle. They told us they would send someone over for us right away. It took three telephone calls and 30 minutes for someone to finally pick us up (understand that the motel is only about 2 minutes from the airport). We asked for a non-smoking room. The room they gave us smelled like a well used ash tray. We demanded another room and they reluctantly accomodated us. The room was adequate -- what you'd generally expect from a low -end traveler's motel, except for the dead crickets in the entry way to our room. We took care of those ourselves because we were tired and didn't figure anyone at the front desk would care. In the morning we took advantage of the much touted "full hot breakfast" that we were told was open till 10AM. We didn't arrive till 9:45. By that time, most of the food was gone and they were cleaning up around us. The server clearly didn't want to be there. There was some hot food, but we're not sure what it was. The quality left something to be desired. We would have been better off with the offerings at the local McDonalds. We opted for cold cereal and coffee. Check out time is noon. At 11:15AM we asked to have the hotel shuttle take us to the airport. We were told that the shuttle stopped running at 11AM -- no one told us this when we checked in, nor were there any signs posted. When I asked what we should do, we were told they could call a cab for us. That they did. The most frustrating thing about our entire stay was they attitude of the hotel staff when we voiced our concerns. It was obvious they just didn't care. We're going to write the manager to give him an opportunity to make amends. (Note that when we asked for the manager's name, they would only give us his first name. They said he didn't allow them to give out his last name ... hmmm.) If he does, we'll post that information too. But right now we're not expecting anything. So our recommendation is don't stay at this place, and if you find yourself as we did, having no other choices for accomodations at the airport, spend the money for a cab into the city.

• Stayed: October 2006