I flew into Austin from Boston on route home to the UK after doing a panel at SXSW and onto MIT to give a talk there. This place was booked by my travel office as its an airport hotel and I was flying out the following day. I arrived at Austin on time 8:10. I rang the hotel to arrange for the hotel shuttle transfer. Granted, I'd been stood in the wrong place (if you want a hotel shuttle from Austin airport it's on the 2nd tier - though not bring native I wouldn't know that and there's no detail on the website). I called again at 8:35pm to be told where to stand and that there was ' a shuttle on the way'. No shuttle. I made 14 unanswered calls to find out where it was. I approached a really kind taxi driver on the level below. He told me the taxi fare was really too high for such a short trip. By now it was 9:45pm. He called the hotel and after 30+ rings the call was answered. The reply ....'there's a shuttle on the way'. At 10:15pm it collected me and a couple of SXSW'rs. Not a great start. Never mind. I wasn't doing anything else as it happened and could look forward to a couple of beers and bed. Errrr no sir. There's no bar and the liquor store across the street has closed now as its after 10pm. Hey Ho! Free wifi and some emailing it is then.
This morning things got a little better. The breakfast is basic and completely adequate but the hotel almost completely redeemed itself with the DIY waffle machine. I'm an Englishman so you'll have to forgive me for getting a bit carried away with this piece of kit - but it's my first time cooking waffle. I loved it. The shuttle back to the airport this morning was fine. My room was large and clean with good coffee making facilities. Not much sleep though I wasn't disturbed by the aeroplanes. It was the plumbing in adjacent rooms that seemed to protest whenever a loo was flushed...... I can't see myself returning - but that's not to say this is a 'bad' hotel. It feels a bit more like a hotel that could use a few extra staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Austin Airport hotels - Quality Inn & Suites Airport hotel in Austin, TXThe 100 percent non-smoking Quality Inn & Suites® Airport hotel is ideally located with easy access to Interstate 35 and State Highway 71, just one-half mile from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. Free airport transportation is available. This Austin, TX hotel is also close to the Texas Capitol, the Austin Convention Center and the University of Texas at Austin, home of the Texas Longhorns. The Circuit of the Americas race track, home to the Formula One United States Grand Prix, is easily accessible from the hotel. Enjoy the beauty of central Texas with a visit to Barton Springs, featuring four natural springs on the grounds of Zilker Park. Barton Springs Pool is a man-made swimming pool fed by the natural spring water, and is popular year round with an average water temperature of 68 degrees. Nicknamed the "Live Music Capital of the World," Austin boasts many great music venues, bars and night clubs throughout the 6th Street arts and entertainment district, which hosts the annual South by Southwest (SXSW) interactive music and film festival. Many great restaurants can be found in the surrounding area. This Austin, TX hotel offers many fine features and amenities, including: •Free continental breakfast •Free coffee •Free wireless high-speed Internet access •Free local calls After a busy day of meetings or sightseeing, relax and enjoy a swim in our seasonal outdoor pool and a workout in our exercise room. Business travelers will welcome additional conveniences like the public computer with Internet access, in-room desks, and access to copy and fax services. All spacious guest rooms come equipped with flat-screen televisions, microwaves, coffee makers, refrigerators, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Some rooms feature sofa sleepers, wet bars and whirlpool bathtubs. A safe deposit box and laundry facilities are available on the premises for added guest convenience. Whether traveling for business, vacationing with the family or taking a road trip with friends, the Quality Inn & Suites Airport hotel offers you ideal accommodations, affordable rates and Texas-style hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Austin Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Airport Hotel Austin
- Quality Inn And Suites Airport
- Quality Inn Del Valle
- Del Valle Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Airport