“No frills, no fuss, just the basics.”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #151 of 200 Hotels in Austin
“No frills, no fuss, just the basics.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was a very simple, very basic offering with a very big bed. The bathroom was kind of small, but I forgive them because they make space for a dresser, fold-out ironing board (with iron). The area is nothing fabulous, in fact, below average.

But with free breakfast (not great), vending machines (cool), atm (great), air-conditioning and helpful staff, I can not fault them. I found it to be quite far from any decent bars, malls and nightlife.

Probably would not go back, but dont regret being there. The Austin City Police Dept dont make for an awesome welcoming sight. Also some signage would help, it was quite hard to find.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mali S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was spotless, had a really nice ambiance, and was very well-equipped, and it was easy to get into the centre with a car. An absolute bargain - I'd thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Luang Prabang, Laos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We have been in other 'America's best Value' and non have actualy provided the value, Austin's America's Best Value is the best!
Large rooms, fantastic breakfast and very smiling service. The 'make your own pancakes breakfast is a nice touch. Although the motel is just near the motorway you can't hear it when you are in the rooms and this soes make the drive to town an easy one.
Nice yellow place! :-)

• Stayed July 2013
Timisoara, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I went on a weekend trip to Austin with a friend. We didn't plan on staying too much in the hotel, so this was the best cheap option for us. We got a twin room with queen size beds. Our first impression was not so good, as from the outside it looked like a lousy motel and there was a strong damp smell in the room. Once you turn off the A/C in the bathroom, it will smell better.

The furniture is kinda old, but the beds are really comfortable, that's what was the most important thing for us.
The bathroom is really small, but it serves the purpose. I liked that we had a refrigerator and a hair dryer. Breakfast is limited, but it was ok for us, especially because it was included in the price. Parking and wi-fi are also free. Internet was not too fast, but it didn't drop, so that was fine for 2-3 hours of usage.

We also chose this for the location, just outside of I-35, so 3-4 miles away from Downtown.
As a conclusion, good value for the price paid, I just wouldn't stay here more than 2 nights.

Room Tip: Do not get a smoking room, as they are pretty smelly
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

First, I booked this room because of the price. I didnt pay for a Hyatt or Embassy Suites so I didnt expect one. I was hoping for a clean, comfortable, bug free room & thats what I got. Room is a bit small but was ok for my family of 3. Breakfast was decent although there isnt a lot to chose from. Staff was pleasant also. Originally booked 2 nights but decided to stay for 3. Dont let the outside of the place make your decision. Rooms r good 4 the price, especially if u want to spend your $ on stuff to do. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
Wichita Falls
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We found this hotel to be clean and a nice place to stay. The beds are comfortable, contrary to another review I had read. The only thing that could be better is the continental breadfast. It was a little hard for us to find it, but the GPS got us there. Theie price was good also. I would reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here a few times more since my last review.I appreciate the service and the rooms are ALWAYS clean and of course you cant beat the price.I have recommended this hotel to several friends and family and they have all thanked me later.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo