It was a very simple, very basic offering with a very big bed. The bathroom was kind of small, but I forgive them because they make space for a dresser, fold-out ironing board (with iron). The area is nothing fabulous, in fact, below average.
But with free breakfast (not great), vending machines (cool), atm (great), air-conditioning and helpful staff, I can not fault them. I found it to be quite far from any decent bars, malls and nightlife.
Probably would not go back, but dont regret being there. The Austin City Police Dept dont make for an awesome welcoming sight. Also some signage would help, it was quite hard to find.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn Austin, located in the state capitol of Texas and the live music capitol of the world. Visit the historic Governor's Mansion, which has been the official home of every Texas governor since 1856. Our hotel has two floors & 88 comfortable guest rooms. Each room is well appointed with free wifi, free local calls, microwaves & refrigerators, hair dryers, coffee makers and 25" TV with cable channels including HBO. Our property amenities include: Free Wifi, outdoor pool, exercise room & guest laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Austin
- Americas Best Value Inn Austin