I had plans to stay elsewhere but that place turned out to be full, so I did some hurried searching in a cafe and come up with this hotel.
It was perhaps a bit further out than their self-description led me to expect but apart from that, I was extremely happy with my choice. It had good quality wooden furnishings, the internet worked perfectly, there was no road noise at all (despite the Interstate being nearby), the room was spacious and the bed comfortable. There was even an armchair for me to read in. Best Value indeed.
One downside with the location is that the choice of places to eat nearby is quite limited: I went into the Mexican place just up the road and had a very poor meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn Austin, located in the state capitol of Texas and the live music capitol of the world. Visit the historic Governor's Mansion, which has been the official home of every Texas governor since 1856. Our hotel has two floors & 88 comfortable guest rooms. Each room is well appointed with free wifi, free local calls, microwaves & refrigerators, hair dryers, coffee makers and 25" TV with cable channels including HBO. Our property amenities include: Free Wifi, outdoor pool, exercise room & guest laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Austin
- Americas Best Value Inn Austin