“Lived up to its name”

Ranked #156 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Lived up to its name”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had plans to stay elsewhere but that place turned out to be full, so I did some hurried searching in a cafe and come up with this hotel.

It was perhaps a bit further out than their self-description led me to expect but apart from that, I was extremely happy with my choice. It had good quality wooden furnishings, the internet worked perfectly, there was no road noise at all (despite the Interstate being nearby), the room was spacious and the bed comfortable. There was even an armchair for me to read in. Best Value indeed.

One downside with the location is that the choice of places to eat nearby is quite limited: I went into the Mexican place just up the road and had a very poor meal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NZBarry
ABVIAustin_Tx, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel got some terrible reviews which (I believe) are totally unwarranted.If you want a Hyatt Regency then stay there, don't complain about a 3 star hotel that you are paying 85% less for!!!!!!. I am a veteran B&B'er so my expectations are NEVER over the top but I saw nothing wrong with my 2 day stay here. Everything was as advertised and the complimentary breakfast was more than adequate!!!!

Room Tip: Ask to stay at the back away from the front traffic
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just arrive tonight from Austin, TX where my son and I stayed from friday 7 to tuesday 11. Having read all reviews from this hotel, I felt confident to make my reservation here and even when I dind't enjoy the building's exterior appearance when I first got there, I have to tell you than when Me and my son got into the room, this was another story. The room's decor, the beds dressing and comfort as well as the room's cleanliness were far more than I expected! My only complaints would be a somehow unpleasant carpet's odor which was noticeable every time we got back to our room in the afternoon and the great amount of spots over the exterior corridor's floor which looks not so nice at all! Room's rates are reasonably good for what you get and the female's staff attention is very warm and respectfull too!! Hotel is very well located as it is pretty near from shops and restaurants. I will definitively get back to this hotel when visit Austin again!

Room Tip: Perhaps the upstair's rooms are a bit quieter....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Apparently my first review got deleted. We stayed here for a weekend in order to attend a friend's wedding. The room was ok, what we expected for the price. The big issue was the non-stop noise and disruption from some kind of large group staying at the hotel. Gaggles of Hispanic and Indian teens, running and slamming doors and hanging out outside our door. We called in numerous noise complaints, to no avail. I pitied the person working nights, as she was up to her ears in complaints but (according to what she told me) couldn't do anything without her manager. It was awful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was a bit worried having booked this hotel as it was really cheap at $49.00 per room per night suffice to say expectations were low. However the rooms were spacious and clean - the showers were new but somehow only chest height (for me 5' 9", my husband is 6'5"). Location wise it is a cab ride into town but reception is very helpful and will call one for you. My only concern is the security - there is nothing in the room and with external corridors it feels insecure. In addition reception has no safety deposit boxes or at least they are not iPad sized so i would forget a laptop so i would leave any valuables at home

Room Tip: I would choose non- smoking
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Peterborough
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Location of hotel is ok. If you are getting the Greyhound its right next to it about 5/10 mins walk and if you are taking the Amtrak its about $20 in a taxi.

Room is adequate, clean, quite a decent size. Decor is very dated.

Breakfast was ok, minimal really but the fact that they offered breakfast was a plus.

There is free wifi available which I found very useful.

Its close to a few restaurants and shopping plaza's.

Overall for what I paid and the fact that its a very basic accommodation, I got what I paid for. Good place to stay for one or two nights or if your going out with a massive group and you want to save the pennies.

Staff at the reception were very welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This Hotel is very nice for the price of only $50. The breakfast is small, the pool is smaller then the area of a family car, and the bathroom is tiny. However it is fine for a one night stay. It does have a laundry and that was a plus

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family