Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin North (Pflugerville)
Ranked #109 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We got this room from priceline, so didn't get a choice on having a double room and had to take a king. The room was huge and had a separate living area with another TV. This is a very nice property. The only bad thing was they didn't have a double room for us, but that is the risk when you get a room off priceline.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The first room I was given had a bathroom completely infested with mold on the ceiling and walls. The 2nd room had some mold but wasn't nearly as bad. Furniture was very worn. I booked through Hotwire so maybe they gave me their lower end rooms. My key stopped working 4 times in a 2 day stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin North (Pflugerville), responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Greg K,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bathroom cleanliness and for the inconvenience of the key card not working. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the size of our suite. The beds were comfortable, staff was nice, we did not have any negative issues during our stay.Easy access from I-35 just a short drive into Austin. I would stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our three-night stay in this HIE suite was so very comfortable. The bed mattresses were thick pillow top luxuries. The living suite sofa and chair provided comfort while watching television in the evening, and our mini refrigerator cooled our Coca Colas to perfection. Also, early morning visions of a wonderful breakfast consisting of bacon, scrambled eggs, fruit, cold cereal, sweet rolls, and many other offerings hurried us out the door to the dining area.. Additionally, the staff was so very friendly, and the motel was extremely clean and exceptionally quiet. I would recommend this motel to anyone looking for a home-away.

Room Tip: The suite offered more of the home-away feel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I got a Priceline deal so we stayed here about 20 minutes north of Austin, just off the freeway. Rooms are a bit worn and beds a bit soft, but the room was large (including a separate kitchen/sitting area with a 2nd tv). Breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank duggem
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin North (Pflugerville), responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear duggem,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. Please accept our apologies for your disappointment with your room accommodation. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel every other week ( sometimes 2 weeks in a row) for 3 months in early 2012 for work training. It was conveniently located 2-3 minutes from the office building I would be at. The front staff were always friendly. Check-in and check-out was always easy. Being a member of their loyalty program I received a small goodie bag at check-in each week. Every Wednesday night while I was there the hotel had food brought in. A few I remember were sub sandwiches, pizza, Mexican just to name a few. They also provided drinks with Wednesday nights dinner (which included beer). Every day when returning to the hotel after work there would be fresh cookies in the lobby. They were also so soft and chewy! The hotel does offer free breakfast...it's ok. You have your typical cereal and milk, yogurt, bananas, boiled eggs, pancake machine that would make 2 pancakes at the press of a button, bagels, cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, toast, milk, water, apple juice, and orange juice. It wasn't the best, but it was free. There were only a few days when the pancake machine wasn't working. The rooms were nice. They were modern and up to date with flat screen tvs. The bathroom was very small with the vanity right outside of the shower/toilet area. There was a full length mirror that was very handy. I stayed in several different rooms and the beds all seemed to be pretty comfy. The rooms were kept clean. I think one room had a broken tile in the bathroom area and one room had a section of carpet that was starting to come up. Otherwise they were good. Each room I stayed in had a separate living area with its own tv, couch, and chair. The rooms also have a mini fridge and coffee maker. Some days I chose not to have my room cleaned, but most days it was cleaned and I never had a problem with it. If ever in the area again for training I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Comfortable King suite with 2 flat screens, microwave, fridge, coffee maker with sink. Separate sitting area with sofa bed, desk and chair. Free wi-fi; free breakfast; free coffee and cookies. Used our AARP discount, too. Only complaint was freeway noise. Perhaps rooms on the west side are quieter.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Austin hotels
Northwest Austin
Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - Capital of Texas Hwy.
St. Johns
Comfort Inn Austin
Comfort Inn Austin
#144 of 203 in Austin

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin North (Pflugerville)? Share your experiences!