You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin North (Pflugerville) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin North (Pflugerville)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14620 North IH-35, Austin, TX 78728 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin North (Pflugerville))   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #114 of 194 Hotels in Austin
Oglesby, Texas
“great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here twice recently on business and was very surprised at the huge rooms and suites with lots of amenities. Will definitely stay here on business and pleasure trips to Austin.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kilgore, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Hotel was booked for us for a training session. We arrived late but the staff was very nice and cordial. The hotel was an older one but very clean. The rooms are spacious with just about everything you could want on hand. We enjoyed the breakfast the next day, very good to start the day with. Overall a very nice visit at a top notch hotel....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sunni014
Allen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

For my work trip here in Round Rock I used Hotwire to find a room and this was the place that was selected and I'm pleased. The whole place feels clean and new. Everything in the room was neat and in good working condition including the free WiFi.

The complimentary breakfast in the morning is the standard Holiday Inn Express fare, which is a better selection than most places in this price range.

One thing that I really like about this property is that the rooms are suite-style; there are two separate parts, the living room and the bedroom, complete with a mini-fridge and microwave.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Magnolia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

My daughter, two grandaughters and I were in austin just overnight to attend a dive meet at UT. I had spent a couple of days off-and-on researching hotels and reading reviews. Big game going on that weekend, lots of places were booked. I was somewhat discouraged when I discovered that for the price I was willing to pay, the accommodations available seemed to be "risky". I opted for this location which I thought would be a bit of a drive into town, but reasonably priced, with decent reviews. (I was still slightly uneasy) However, we were so pleased to find pleasant, staff, a clean, spacious room with comfortable beds. (My daughter was armed with bed bug spray and charged into the room, pulling back sheets--- but no need!) Plus, we had only about a fifteen minute drive to the campus. The value and quality was well worth the extra little drive. Eventhough this is an older property, we did not smell mustiness, mildew or old smoke (and my grandaughter has allergy-related asthma). The only negatives: pool seemed small for a large property, and the metal door to the the bathhroom had some rust. The vent above the door between the bedroom and sitting room was noticeably dusty,

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Cheryll H
East Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Booked four suites for a cross-country team and families. Rooms are nice with mini-fridge, microwave, iron, blow dryer, etc. The separate living room and bed room with two TV's was nice. Beds were comfy w/ lots of pillows.

The only negative in the room was the window. I liked being able to open my window and get some fresh air, but I can see it being dangerous, especially for small children. The window slides open wide (no screen), so parents beware - it's a long drop from the 3rd floor!

The complimenary breakfast was well done, complete with eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, fresh pancakes, assorted bagels/pastries/cereals, etc.

Front desk clerk was very helpful with my request to pay all charges for another room. She stood her ground and insisted to my friend that the arrangements were made and that the room charges were covered. (Often times, people will fold under the pressure...not her!)

Had a very good visit and will look them up again next time I'm in Austin.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank EastTexasGMan
Draper, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Comfortable, clean, convenient to sightseeing spots in Austin, just get on IH-35 and go south a couple exits. Nice breakfast buffet.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank emptynester40
Georgetown, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Originally, we were bidding on Priceline for a Round Rock 3* but eventually got this hotel (actually in Pflugerville) for $54 a night on Hotwire. Close enough! It is a refurb Quality Inn and on the highway so I was immediately a little concerned. Turned out to be fine. The rooms are nicely done with a separate living/mini-kitchen area and a typcial HIE bathroom (good shower/tub) with sink out in the bedroom area. Bed was quite comfortable, plenty of pillows, blanket, not comforter. The location is a typical busy I-35/feeder road intersection- there's a chicken/BBQ place doing lots of business next door but we didn't get a chance to try it. The morning breakfast was actually quite good as those things go- pre-cooked cheese omlettes, sausage, grave, biscuits, cereal, bread goods, etc. Check in/check out was smooth and friendly. DH loved the larger screen TV's in both living and bedroom areas.

My only real complaints were how loud the cleaning/maintenance staff was out in the hallways before 9AM (I wasn't asleep but if I had been trying to sleep, it would have been difficult) and the old AC unit that cycles off and on all night- very noisy!

Overall, I wouldn't pick this area or hotel just because there are better locations/newer hotels but I wouldn't have a problem staying there again if I needed to.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Comfort Suites North
#1 of 2 in Pflugerville
4.5 of 5 stars 125 reviews
Sleep Inn & Suites
#59 of 194 in Austin
4.5 of 5 stars 156 reviews
St. Johns
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin-University

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin North (Pflugerville)? Share your experiences!