“Clean! Great manager.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Capital Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Austin
Capital Inn
You added Capital Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #172 of 198 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Clean! Great manager.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

A relative on a student budget wanted to stay there for a few nights, and I helped him check in. I think this is the correct date. The manager was proud of the rooms, and took us to the quieter side of the building. He stayed in room 104, and reported back later that he found the room comfortable, clean (he's fanatic about clean), and he slept well. The I-35 road noise was tolerable. He would stay there again, and he considered the management excellent.

Room Tip: South middle rooms are the quietest.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

1st the bad: It's on the highway. It's not a brand new motel, a little run down around the edges, but...

the good: the rooms are big, wifi fast water HOT and bathrooms spacious. The staff are AWESOME! Very friendly, they even offered to loan a bike for a nominal charge during SXSW for me. As for the guy who wrote "the guy at the front desk was straight out of a rap video". You slack-jawed bigot. Yes, he's black. He's also a super nice guy that even if I was getting home at 3 am and needed something, stopped to ask how my day was and did I need anything, even though I clearly woke him from sleeping. If you're booking a motel on racist preconceptions, go elsewhere. If you want a cheap place with nice older rooms and super helpful staff, stay here.

The staff definitely made my stay here worthwhile.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
3 Thank walshatron
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Wow, just wow! I didn't know that a hotel could make you feel like you stepped into a cliche ghetto portrayed on TV.

As we pulled up, we saw 7, count em, 7 cop cars. Apparently they had just finished raiding a hotel room a few doors down from our room. The guy at the front desk was straight out of a rap video. Once i saw the guy from the window, i went inside to make sure nothing happened to my wife as she checked us in. Yeah, i had to protect my wife from the clerk at the front desk!!! Once inside our room, the smell of smoke punched us in the fact. Oh and they rent out moving trucks, yup, this hotel does it all!! Unfortunately for us their giant trucks blocked our view of our car. We had no idea how our car was during the night.

Now the Pros and Cons. Cons: roaches running around, walls with holes and falling apart, the chain lock on the door WSAN'T ATTACHED TO THE WALL, water from the sink tasted horrible, there went brushing my teeth in the morning, every part of the restroom was filthy and the tub could literally be housing a small city with all that fungus growing out of it, no wi-fi, TV from the 60's, oh, when i was 7 i used to have these old disco style blankets, apparently they found them and started using them. It brought back childhood memories, but sometimes you just can't re-use 40 yr old blankets....Ever heard of a washing machine. But, I SURVIVED THE NIGHT. So all and all, not a bad night. haha. Oh also, go for a tetanus shot in the morning.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends