“Incredibly good deal, a few minutes down I-35 from UT”

Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central
Ranked #123 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Texas/Oklahoma
“Incredibly good deal, a few minutes down I-35 from UT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

I stayed at this Holiday Inn a few years ago and it was reasonably nice then. It is even nicer now - it looks like they have painted and redone the whole place. Front desk staff was incredibly nice and even gave us the Priority Rewards welcome package though I had booked through hotels.com (I am a member...). The rooms were spotless, spotless, spotless. So was the whole place, actually. I saw cleaning staff cleaning from the time I checked in until I checked out. Breakfast was fabulous and included in the room price. Room had a mini-fridge, very comfy beds, flat screen TV. AC wasn't noisy or moldy smelling. Pool is tiny and right next to parking lot. Washer and dryers were free, nice fitness center. It took me less than ten minutes down I-35 to drive to UT. I will definitely, definitely stay here again. Very comfy!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
central texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2010

My wife and I made a last minute trip to Austin to attend UIL Girls State Basketball Tournament on UT campus. Decided to stay in north Austin and were very pleased with this location. Good breakfast with amble seating for everyone to eat . Service was outstanding. Room was nice although we were only there for a few hours. Location allowed easy access to I-35 heading south to UT which was less than 5 miles away.
Good value for price. Will stay here in the future if possible.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

We got the king size bed room and let me tell you it was fantastic! It was beautifully decorated with little beaded details. The room was pristine in cleanliness. The Bath & Body Works bath goodies were a treat. The free breakfast was a nice perk, granted it was merely adequate as I've had better hotel breakfasts, but it was pretty good. Mostly, I was thrilled with the how romantic the room was. Also, better perk were the free cookies and fresh popcorn available in the lobby in the evening. Yum!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

Were there for a quick stay where we didn't have to drive back to San Antonio. The staff was reasonably friendly but the man was a little unnerved when we chcked in early and we asked for room higher than first floor. Avoid 115 since it is the first room, next to the ice machine, the staff office, the elevators, the fitness room, and the lobby. It would be better served if they used it for storage.

The pillows being labeled firm or soft was nice. The bed, however, was a cement block with a mattress pad on it. I was tired enough to sleep, but otherwise it would have been painful.

The bathroom was nothing spectacular, but the towels were nice. I would have used the pool but it was situated between the parking lot and windows right in front of the breakfast area.

The free wireless internet was wonderful as well as the full breakfast. The biscuits that morning were exceptional and I have never seen pinwheel bacon before. All in all, I would come back for a night but definitely not any longer.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Beaumont, Tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

My husband and I checked in late and was given cookies and offered fruit.
Everyone at check in was friendly. The rooms were nice, and clean. A flat screen TV, comfortable firm bed, a large lounging chair, microwave and refrigerator. A small restroom, but very clean. Thick plush towels were nice. Hot and cold breakfast was excellent. Next to a freeway, but you never heard it. Small pool but nice and clean. Close to downtown and many restaurants. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2009

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. If you have a car, you can go anywhere in Austin from here. It was easy to find, well lit, secure, clean and comfortable. The photos displayed are true to form, and the entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Complimentary fresh baked cookies in the late afternoon, a manager's light supper on Tue. & Wed. evenings (unfortunately we missed this), and a full hot breakfast (served buffet style) were a great perk. Don't hesitate to stay here!

• Liked — well lit parking, friendly staff, clean rooms
  • Disliked — slight noise from freeway traffic
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AwShucks
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2008

I am in the midst of a two week business stay, and chose this hotel because of its proximity to where I would be working. Overall, the hotel is excellent. It's very clean, the rooms are spacious, there's a fridge and microwave in the room, staff is pleasant, and the amenties are fine. As a Priority member, I received a very nice bag with bottled water, peanuts and chocolate on checking in, a plus in their favor. There is a free breakfast every morning that is more than satisfactory and the fitness room is quite nice. I like the towels, they are nice and thick, and the bed is comfortable. The only downsides are the traffic noise from I-35 and the fact that there is no restaurant on the premises. You have to have a car and go somewhere at night if you want to eat after you get back to the hotel from a day at work. I would stay at another Holiday Inn Express after this experience, If I was visiting Austin as a tourist, I'd probably want to be in the downtown area. But this is a good place for a business traveler.

• Liked — Cleanliness, nice rooms, good staff, free breakfast
  • Disliked — Noise from the freeway, no restaraunt on premises
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pcintx_8