DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
$249
$229
$161
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
$100
$282
$239
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$94
$661
$575
Orbitz.com
1,043 results
All reviewsdouble treefrank erwin centerwarm cookiesnice hotelclose to downtownroad noisewithin walking distanceconvenient locationwould stay here againeasy accessbeds were comfortableutdennysproximityconvenienceuber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2010

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for three nights while brining her to UT Austin for her freshman year. The hotel is located very close to campus, but is just across the highway. One perk is the free parking which was not offered at hotels in the main area of downtown. We ended up driving everywhere which was fine for us but everything was a short drive away.

The staff was wonderful, even using my last name to greet me as I walked in the hotel after the first day. The rooms were comfy and clean. Nice flatscreen TV. The only snag, and for me it's a big one, is my bathroom had really dim lighting. It was kind of difficult to get ready in the morning with the two of us. We ended up standing in front of the hall closet mirror where there was better lighting.

I am a gold VIP member and Internet is now free in rooms, but it took a day for mine to work -- even after two calls. After the second call it was fixed. The free breakfast w/gold was up to standard, easy, and uncrowded. The pool was not large but very clean and refreshing even in August. The bar area was nicely furnished and comfy -- there is free Internet for everyone in the bar and lobby.

Overall I really like this hotel and plan to stay here again when visiting my daughter.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2010

The hotel is clean, quiet and comfortable. The location was perfect for my business at UT Austin. The bar and the staff there were friendly and effiecient.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I have stayed at the Doubletree Austin - University Area several times. The location is great. The rooms are always clean, the staff is always pleasant, and we are never bothered by noise. The beds are very comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2010

The Doubletree Austin - University Area offers a fabulous location and comfortable accommodations. The property is well maintained and appears to be relatively new. The room provided plenty of room for lounging and the bedding/lines were clean, crisp, and definitely comfortable. Quite frankly the Hilton family of hotels have a superb bedding system that is definitely sleep inducing. The public sitting areas at this property were inviting and well appointed. This property’s swimming pool is uniquely placed on the second floor and the surrounding grounds offer the right balance of sun and shade for outdoor recreation.

The Doubletree Austin – University is well situated close to the University of Texas, the Texas State Capital, and the dining and entertainment venues in the downtown Austin area (e.g., Guadalupe, 6th Street, and South Congress). A short drive down South I35 will take you toward Lake Travis area and the opposite direction up North I35 will carry you to the Prime Outlet Shopping Center in near-by Round Rock, TX.

A bid on Priceline secured a room on a Friday night for $55. Now that’s truly a bargain!

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank tltalbert
DTUTMGR, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2010

Thank you for your response! We are so pleased to hear you found our rooms comfortable & slept well. We also were happy to hear you enjoyed the pool and lobby areas. We hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2010

Nice hotel. Great location especially for the price. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that you'll happily stay with us again. We look forward to your next visit.