So this Doubletree is a bit further from downtown, but closer to the convention center. These are both good things. If you want to go down to sixth street, it is an easy less than 2 mile walk with sidewalks the whole way. The hotel itself is perfectly acceptable, decent fitness room and pool, with a decent breakfast. The rooms were adequate, although the showers were a bit on the weak side. Staff was helpful and overall the hotel was clean and neat. After seeing the rooms some co-workers had at other hotels nearby, this place was a bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area provides homelike warmth, less than a mile from downtown Austin. Our hotel is across the street from the University of Texas and the Frank Erwin Center. The most centrally located hotel in Austin, we're only four blocks from the Texas State Capitol and within easy reach of many Austin attractions, including Austin's famed 6th Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Austin - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Austin - University Area Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Hotel Austin
- Doubletree University Area