Overall was okay, but over priced. Rooms were very nice with above normal comfortable bed. Bar closed at 10 pm, which was only a few minutes after arrival so no place to unwind and relax beforing retiring to room. Did not eat breakfast with buffet style offering, but appeared to be way over prices. However Dennys is right next door. Staff nice and friendly, nice location and easy parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area provides homelike warmth, less than a mile from downtown Austin. Our hotel is across the street from the University of Texas and the Frank Erwin Center. The most centrally located hotel in Austin, we're only four blocks from the Texas State Capitol and within easy reach of many Austin attractions, including Austin's famed 6th Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Austin - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Austin - University Area Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Hotel Austin
- Doubletree University Area