We stayed here the night of the Thanksgiving game of Texas vs TCU. It is about a mile walk to the stadium and is very convenient because they have free parking. Most of the parking lots are about the same distance from the stadium. This is a very nice hotel despite the complaints that it is locate next to a cemetery. Both my wife and I grew up within walking distance from each of our childhood homes from cemeteries and played in them so this was not a concern of ours. There is a Denny's located next door and the hotel also has a restaurant on site, plus a small bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area provides homelike warmth, less than a mile from downtown Austin. Our hotel is across the street from the University of Texas and the Frank Erwin Center. The most centrally located hotel in Austin, we're only four blocks from the Texas State Capitol and within easy reach of many Austin attractions, including Austin's famed 6th Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Austin - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Austin - University Area Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Hotel Austin
- Doubletree University Area