We stayed one night while visiting family in Austin. It was a nice clean hotel, convenient to the freeway. We used the pool in the afternoon. It was decent - no hot tub. We drove to 6th St Saturday night and it was just a few minutes away. Our room was on the 5th floor and on the I35 side of the hotel, and we didn't hear freeway traffic. We also had the breakfast buffet the next morning. We were a little late getting down there and they were starting to pick things up. But one of the waitresses told my husband they would make him some more pancakes and she came back to the table with a few pancakes for him. And she offered my friend some more fresh fruit from the kitchen. She was very sweet.
Overall it was a nice hotel, clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and the location was convenient. We would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area provides homelike warmth, less than a mile from downtown Austin. Our hotel is across the street from the University of Texas and the Frank Erwin Center. The most centrally located hotel in Austin, we're only four blocks from the Texas State Capitol and within easy reach of many Austin attractions, including Austin's famed 6th Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Austin - University Area Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Hotel Austin
- Doubletree University Area