We stayed at the Doubletree Hotel in Austin for 2 nights and were pretty disappointed in our stay. The location wasn't too bad- you definatley needed a car to get to downtown where we mostly went but the distance wasn't bad, maybe 5 minutes or so away. But the hotel itself left a lot to be desired. Parking was complimentary, as was the yummy cookie we received at checkin but the advertised free wifi "throughout the hotel" worked awful. I wasn't able to log in once, but my husband was successful once in the parking lot. The bed was comfortable but the room itself could use much updating. The AC unit was partly off the wall, lots of scratches and missing paint off the walls, and the shower was pretty small. The staff seemed pretty friendly for the most part but I doubt if we end up back in the Austin area we would go back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area provides homelike warmth, less than a mile from downtown Austin. Our hotel is across the street from the University of Texas and the Frank Erwin Center. The most centrally located hotel in Austin, we're only four blocks from the Texas State Capitol and within easy reach of many Austin attractions, including Austin's famed 6th Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Austin - University Area Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Hotel Austin
- Doubletree University Area