“Great quality and value”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
Ranked #28 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed July 13, 2014

In a city that never seems to have enough hotel rooms, great quality and value. Good location near several good restaurants and government buildings. Price for room size and amenities was outstanding. Very quite and comfortable

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Danny C, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear James B,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave a review of your time as our guest. I am so pleased to hear your experience with us was positive and we were able to meet all your needs. Our location to the Texas State Capital certainly is convenient for guests traveling on state business. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon. If you need any further assistance, I remain at your service.

Most Sincerely,

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have stayed at very expensive hotels in Austin, as well as several private boutique hotels. I moved to this hotel in my most recent trip due to the terrible service I received at one of those boutique hotels. The hotel was one of the more reasonable choices available. I was pleasantly surprised at the finish out. The rooms were updated and modern and huge according to Austin standards. Each staff member was very gracious.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear Jonathon P,

Thank you for leaving such a nice review of our hotel and staff. I am sorry to hear that you had a recent poor experience at another hotel but so glad that it led you to the DoubleTree Suites. I must agree that our recent renovations have allowed us to provide modern, large suites to all of our guests. I will be sure to share you remarks with our staff at the next operations meeting. I hope we may come to welcome you as our guests again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

There are not many hotels in downtown Austin where you can get a two bedroom suite, which makes this a very good cost effective choice for that reason alone. The hotel is comfortable and quiet and within a healthy walking distance of the main attractions. The river is about 1 mile away. The Capitol and the University campus are both an easy walk. The breakfast buffet is reasonably good if a little expensive. Parking is difficult if not using the hotel car park - which is also quite expensive - like all parking downtown. There is not much in the way of restaurants close by but local delivery of sandwiches until the early hours of the morning is available and very handy for late night arrivals. It is roughly a half hour drive to the airport.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south have good views of the Capitol building.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Granada100,

Thank you for leaving such a thorough review of our hotel and service. I am so glad you enjoyed your time as our guest. Our hotel is in the perfect location to allow peace and quiet while still maintaining short walking distance to most of Austin popular destinations. I apologize that you did find great value in our breakfast offerings and the many restaurants that are nearby our hotel. If you return to our hotel again, we have an expansive list for dining as well as late night offerings as well. If you need any assistance should you choose to return, I remain at your service.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business but my family came along for leisure. Upon arrival, the desk clerk was unfriendly and treated my autistic son very rudely. She would not acknowledge him when he spoke to her. She needs to learn how to treat people who are disabled. When I asked her for directions to local grocery stores she said she could not help me and that I could google it on my smart phone. They advertise that the "free cookie" is a big deal but are reluctant to give them out to all guests. She said, "Oh do you want to give him the cookie with all the sugar?" This hotel is NOT for the disabled and NOT family friendly!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Patty H,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I am so sorry that your time as our guest was not enjoyable due to a challenging arrival and welcome. I would like to speak with you further about this visit; if you do not object, I can be reached at the email address below. I will be happy to call you directly around your schedule. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The location is not ideal for exploring Austin. The rooms were decent enough. The elevator was awful and barely worked correctly. The staff, although pleasant, were not very good with service recovery. Will look at other options the next time I visit.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear 2wander2wonder,

Thank you for taking time to share you experience as our guest. I am so sorry to learn that you stay at our hotel was not outstanding. Our elevators were just recently modernized to help ensure our guests do not experience excessive delays for service to and from their suites. If you do not mind, I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you further. If you do not object, please reach out to me at the address below. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times and have yet to be disappointed. Unlike many of the other hotels the rooms are large and it is very quiet. The room was about the same price as other hotels in the area. Staff is always friendly. The only down side is there are not many places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Anthony P,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our hotel as well as leaving a review of your most recent visit. I am glad to learn that you have always enjoyed great service and been pleased with your suite when visiting. The next time you visit, please check in with our Bellmen/Concierge Team, as they have a number of great restaurant recommendations that are all within close walking distance to our hotel. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Suites and had a fantastic stay while visiting with family. We felt very much at home because of all the extra space you have with a suite. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was larger than those in most hotels. Everyone was extremely nice and the cookies were warm and delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Sandra D,

Thank you for leaving such a fantastic review of our hotel and service. Our recently renovated hotel allows our guests to have a little extra space when stretching out to relax each night. I am so glad you enjoyed our cookies as well. Hopefully we may come to welcome you as our guest again soon.