“Recommended for a 2 bedroom suite”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
Ranked #21 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Recommended for a 2 bedroom suite”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

There are not many hotels in downtown Austin where you can get a two bedroom suite, which makes this a very good cost effective choice for that reason alone. The hotel is comfortable and quiet and within a healthy walking distance of the main attractions. The river is about 1 mile away. The Capitol and the University campus are both an easy walk. The breakfast buffet is reasonably good if a little expensive. Parking is difficult if not using the hotel car park - which is also quite expensive - like all parking downtown. There is not much in the way of restaurants close by but local delivery of sandwiches until the early hours of the morning is available and very handy for late night arrivals. It is roughly a half hour drive to the airport.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south have good views of the Capitol building.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Danny C, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Granada100,

Thank you for leaving such a thorough review of our hotel and service. I am so glad you enjoyed your time as our guest. Our hotel is in the perfect location to allow peace and quiet while still maintaining short walking distance to most of Austin popular destinations. I apologize that you did find great value in our breakfast offerings and the many restaurants that are nearby our hotel. If you return to our hotel again, we have an expansive list for dining as well as late night offerings as well. If you need any assistance should you choose to return, I remain at your service.

daniel.craven@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Austin, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business but my family came along for leisure. Upon arrival, the desk clerk was unfriendly and treated my autistic son very rudely. She would not acknowledge him when he spoke to her. She needs to learn how to treat people who are disabled. When I asked her for directions to local grocery stores she said she could not help me and that I could google it on my smart phone. They advertise that the "free cookie" is a big deal but are reluctant to give them out to all guests. She said, "Oh do you want to give him the cookie with all the sugar?" This hotel is NOT for the disabled and NOT family friendly!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Patty H,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I am so sorry that your time as our guest was not enjoyable due to a challenging arrival and welcome. I would like to speak with you further about this visit; if you do not object, I can be reached at the email address below. I will be happy to call you directly around your schedule. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Newark, Delaware
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The location is not ideal for exploring Austin. The rooms were decent enough. The elevator was awful and barely worked correctly. The staff, although pleasant, were not very good with service recovery. Will look at other options the next time I visit.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear 2wander2wonder,

Thank you for taking time to share you experience as our guest. I am so sorry to learn that you stay at our hotel was not outstanding. Our elevators were just recently modernized to help ensure our guests do not experience excessive delays for service to and from their suites. If you do not mind, I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you further. If you do not object, please reach out to me at the address below. I hope to hear from you soon.

Cypress, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times and have yet to be disappointed. Unlike many of the other hotels the rooms are large and it is very quiet. The room was about the same price as other hotels in the area. Staff is always friendly. The only down side is there are not many places to eat within walking distance.

Dear Anthony P,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our hotel as well as leaving a review of your most recent visit. I am glad to learn that you have always enjoyed great service and been pleased with your suite when visiting. The next time you visit, please check in with our Bellmen/Concierge Team, as they have a number of great restaurant recommendations that are all within close walking distance to our hotel. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon.

Grapevine, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Suites and had a fantastic stay while visiting with family. We felt very much at home because of all the extra space you have with a suite. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was larger than those in most hotels. Everyone was extremely nice and the cookies were warm and delicious.

Dear Sandra D,

Thank you for leaving such a fantastic review of our hotel and service. Our recently renovated hotel allows our guests to have a little extra space when stretching out to relax each night. I am so glad you enjoyed our cookies as well. Hopefully we may come to welcome you as our guest again soon.

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were impressed by this hotel. Customer service was excellent and all the staff remembered us and greeted us when we returned from our outings. The front desk was particularly helpful. Although the location wasn't perfect there is a complementary shuttle which will take you to restaurants, etc. The suite we had was spacious and perfect for our needs. All in all a very positive revue.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear KokoLB,

It truly makes my day to read such a fantastic review. Thank you so much for taking some time to share you experience as our guest. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our Front Desk team so they may know how much you appreciated their hard work. Hopefully you may come back to Austin and return to the DoubleTree Suites again soon.

The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I took the kids for a baseball camp to Austin. The hotel room was nice enough but it was so loud I couldn't sleep. You can hear traffic all night and apparently there is a fire station nearby so you hear them withe siren all night as well. The room was not cleaned well during our stay. The lady would leave the room glasses dirty and not replace them. I had to ask for towels/washcloths more than once. The breakfast was supposed to be free the way I booked but I had to haggle with the front desk to get my 8 year olds meal covered. The breakfast buffet was frequestly out of stock but the ladies there worked hard to make things right. I would also mention there are not many restaurants within walking distance. And finally the parking deck is the worse. My key card never opened the gate. I had to park on a steep incline and call the desk to get the gate open every time. The spots in the dungeon were so tiny. I have a small SUV and we had to squeeze out of the car. The staff was nice and the rooms were large but I personally would not stay here again.

Dear Azrazeus,

Thank you for leaving such a thorough review of your time as our guest. I am so sorry to learn that your experience was not enjoyable or worthy of a better rating. The challenges you mentioned - outside noise, hotel breakfast, and parking - certainly are troublesome but also preventable; I am sorry we did not better respond to your concerns to provide a solution. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about this recent visit. If you do not object, I can be reached at the address below.

Most Sincerely,